WhatsApp latest version 'resuming...' everytime

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
So, the latest WhatsApp version, which enabled OneDrive backups shows 'resuming...' screen every time, even if it's in the background. Even after a hard reset (I had to hard reset my phone anyways), it's the same. Even the beta version has this problem.

My phone is Lumia 730, official Anniversary update. Reset fresh, without any backup restore.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So, the latest WhatsApp version, which enabled OneDrive backups shows 'resuming...' screen every time, even if it's in the background. Even after a hard reset (I had to hard reset my phone anyways), it's the same. Even the beta version has this problem.

My phone is Lumia 730, official Anniversary update. Reset fresh, without any backup restore.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

I confirm, it's a app iussue, even on my 650. Don't loose time resetting on 3rd party apps. Sometimes whatsapp needs closing and reopening, but it remains the crappiest 3rd party app ever.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I see onedrive backup sucks. It doesn't works on background. Every time I pop up WA from background app, it starts by zero and continuously change MB amout.
bleah

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
i dont have it happenign on my 730. production build. Are you facing resuming screen for even minute tasks? or when?

Only WhatsApp. Every time. Ex. I open WhatsApp, press Windows key, press back key, 'resuming...'. I open WhatsApp, press back key, go to Start screen, hold back key, switch to WhatsApp, 'resuming...'.
So basically, whenever WhatsApp goes to background, either by Start key or back key, switching back shows 'resuming...' every time.

Previous version resumed instantly.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Same issue plus the microphone is terrible now. All my audio messages (or whatever you name it) sound with lots of noise. Like weak radio signal, idk how else to explain it. Reinstalled app twice, first message was better (very little noise) but after it got even worse

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its still an 8.1 app, thats quite normal if they try to step over some boundaries, like adding yet more functions = onedrive thing

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
i also can confirm this happens on my Lumia 950, worst WhatsApp update ever, yeah there's onedrive update but this needs to be fixed asap, even if you disable the backup it still shows resuming, next on the list, a true uwp app for WhatsApp,let the company know.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
i also can confirm this happens on my Lumia 950, worst WhatsApp update ever, yeah there's onedrive update but this needs to be fixed asap, even if you disable the backup it still shows resuming, next on the list, a true uwp app for WhatsApp,let the company know.

And the media gets backed up, but doesn't restore while reinstalling which basically sucks. Half baked OneDrive integration. Yeah, UWP is much needed but I doubt they will bother about is since the majority of Windows Phone users are stuck on 8.1, and they won't write 2 apps just for 0.5 market share.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The previous version worked fine, I think I'd rather have that back than persevere with this one. I've gotten used to losing all my conversations when wiping my phone.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is because I have the 950XL but I don't see this issue. I'm on latest release preview as well. I also have the backup to onedrive setting set to Never though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99