11-19-2016 04:21 AM
58 123
tools
    I have a Lumia 640 and my gosh the app never works. Especially if I tap on a notification from the action center. And then it also maks a chain reaction with Twitter and Windows Central not opening. I have to restart my phone a lot.....annoying.
    10-20-2016 05:44 PM
    And Instargram just got another update earlier, it's very smooth now on my Lumia 735
    10-21-2016 12:05 AM
    Those OSMeta builds are quite frankly horrible on anything but highend hardware. On my 735 FB app takes half a minute to start. Resuming is also some 10 second. Most of the time when the app is sent to background it doesn't resume properly, it just restarts since Win10 is unable to keep it properly paused due to huge memory demands.
    This is how inefficient app development looks like.
    IRITEK likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:45 PM
    It will no longer open on my 640. Pathetic.
    10-24-2016 01:06 PM
    Still no update :/ crashing randomly
    10-26-2016 03:27 AM
    Seems like they stopped updating it. Really sad to see the pace of the development of this app.
    10-26-2016 08:01 AM
    Has anybody tried the Facebook (Beta) in the Store?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=bPUQoh7l

After reading all the bad stuff about the "regular" app, I elected to install the Beta. It does not have the 2GB RAM requirement like the standard app.

On my Lumia 650, it's no speed demon...takes about ten seconds to launch. But once it's running, it actually performs quite well. Hasn't crashed yet. Might be worth a shot for those of you struggling with the standard app.
    wgrs likes this.
    10-26-2016 11:00 PM

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=__mcLYqx

After reading all the bad stuff about the "regular" app, I elected to install the Beta. It does not have the 2GB RAM requirement like the standard app.

On my Lumia 650, it's no speed demon...takes about ten seconds to launch. But once it's running, it actually performs quite well. Hasn't crashed yet. Might be worth a shot for those of you struggling with the standard app.
    going to give it another try on my 640 xl last time i remember trying it they both crashed about the same amount to me i think the main app is ahead of the beta right?

Sent from mTalk
    10-27-2016 04:51 AM
    Any 950 (or other devices with >2GB RAM) users out there? Is it possible that the app is still getting updates for devices that have >2GB RAM, but for all other devices you're only being offered the final version to have been released prior to the increase in RAM requirements?
    10-27-2016 08:52 AM

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=dNl-aQPP

after trying the beta yesterday its pretty much the same performance as the main still crashes after a while of browsing on my 640 XL

Sent from mTalk
    10-28-2016 07:42 AM
    after trying the beta yesterday its pretty much the same performance as the main still crashes after a while of browsing on my 640 XL

Sent from mTalk
    Shoot...that sucks. Maybe I'm just lucky and the worst is yet to come!
    10-28-2016 09:40 AM
    On a somewhat related note, has anyone started having issues with the Facebook app this week? A few days ago, my app stopped registering touches. I cannot tap on any links, menus, or even scroll down to see content. Coincidentally, this is also happening in Messenger, but not on any of my other apps in the phone.

You all are talking about the 2GB requirement. On the Store page my phone shows a red X next to the RAM requirement, yet I am on a 950XL. Anyone having this issue?
    10-28-2016 10:29 AM
    On a somewhat related note, has anyone started having issues with the Facebook app this week? A few days ago, my app stopped registering touches. I cannot tap on any links, menus, or even scroll down to see content. Coincidentally, this is also happening in Messenger, but not on any of my other apps in the phone.

You all are talking about the 2GB requirement. On the Store page my phone shows a red X next to the RAM requirement, yet I am on a 950XL. Anyone having this issue?
    If the ram requirements were true it wouldn't let u install it on the device I think the ram requirement listing is a store bug

Sent from mTalk
    10-28-2016 12:40 PM
    Aaaand Facebook (Beta) just got an update in ages!!! Downloading it now on my Lumia 735
    11-01-2016 08:20 PM
    Sad to report that the app stability is still horrible. Crashed on me already a couple of times.
    What is the Instagram guys doing that the Facebook team isn't?
    11-01-2016 10:09 PM
    Facebook beta just updated (FINALLY) yesterday
    11-02-2016 10:42 AM
    For me, I prefer SlimSocial for Facebook anyway. It's faster, smooth as silk, and let's Mr have the dark theme, which is much easier on the eyes.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-02-2016 10:51 AM
    U can't do half of the things u can do on the official app tho
    11-02-2016 01:58 PM
    Is the app working now? Uninstalled it some weeks ago, pinned mobile website on it's place, works wonders. Before, I had only headaches trying to use it. Crashed every time, had to try 2 to 5 times for it to open, a mess. But I really miss having notifications and live tile, plus the top bar doesn't stick with the screen in the website.
    Just wish they could take some classes in memory management and garbage collection, because both Android and iOS versions also suffer from the same problem, but W10 is stricter when it comes to that, so it simply shuts the app down. A simple app draining all the device's RAM to work is unacceptable, and it's not like it's some heavy CAD simulation stuff, it's just a bunch of text, pictures and video in a long list.
    11-02-2016 10:47 PM
    Originally posted by Samuel Libardi Godoy
    Is the app working now? Uninstalled it some weeks ago, pinned mobile website on it's place, works wonders. Before, I had only headaches trying to use it. Crashed every time, had to try 2 to 5 times for it to open, a mess. But I really miss having notifications and live tile, plus the top bar doesn't stick with the screen in the website.
    Just wish they could take some classes in memory management and garbage collection, because both Android and iOS versions also suffer from the same problem, but W10 is stricter when it comes to that, so it simply shuts the app down. A simple app draining all the device's RAM to work is unacceptable, and it's not like it's some heavy CAD simulation stuff, it's just a bunch of text, pictures and video in a long list.
    Works for me on my 640 XL. Not sure what phone u have but try installling to device memory the app works better that way
    11-03-2016 06:32 AM
    Agree that SlimSocial for Facebook is a good alternative to the buggy Facebook app.
    It's a web wrapper basically but it's done right and it's 10 times faster than the real app.

Also, I'd like to note that Windows Phones thrived on third party alternatives like 6tag so I do not see anything wrong with this.

SlimSocial for Facebook
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    11-03-2016 08:32 AM
    Originally posted by greedo_greedy
    Agree that SlimSocial for Facebook is a good alternative to the buggy Facebook app.
    It's a web wrapper basically but it's done right and it's 10 times faster than the real app.

Also, I'd like to note that Windows Phones thrived on third party alternatives like 6tag so I do not see anything wrong with this.

SlimSocial for Facebook
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    It's just a web wrapper tho doesn't have features like going live and other major features. Why use a web wrapper when u can just use edge? I wanted the fb developed app for the features
    11-07-2016 06:39 AM
    ^ Understandable but for those who just want to jump in and browse their newsfeed, SlimSocial should suffice.
    11-07-2016 10:36 AM
    As of November 7th, the regular Facebook app for Windows 10 Mobile is completely broken.

It doesn't register anything when you open it. Tapping anywhere on the screen is un-responsive.
    11-07-2016 04:43 PM
    That is a known bug which hasn't been fixed yet. To fix it you need to power cycle your phone
    11-07-2016 08:15 PM
58 123