Did Facebook stop updating the FB app for mobile?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I think they are looking to bring us some major update to fix all the annoying issues because they are getting so much hate from people for these apps.

So I expect an update this or next week, just my 2 cents.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Facebook got an update wayback September but days later they pulled the update and the update never came back.. It was version 63 but now it's back to version 61.. The desktop version tho is updated on September 30 which bumped the app to version 65. Now all we need is to wait.. Messenger also got updated on the desktop too which bumped the app to version 87 while the mobile is still version 79.. :(

Isn't the facebook app universal windows app?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This one hits hard.

Facebook updates their Facebook and Messenger apps minimum requirement to 2GB!!

The new requirement doesn’t mean that phones with 1GB or 512MB of RAM won’t be able to install it. It just means that these phones aren’t officially supported, and there might be problems that may occur only on those devices. MSMobile was able to get the apps to install on a Microsoft Lumia 650, even though it has only 1GB of RAM, and WinBeta confirmed this by testing the same apps on the same device, as well as a Microsoft Lumia 640.

Minimum RAM requirement for Facebook and Messenger now up to 2GB ? WinBeta

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
This is ****.. What is facebook thinking? They're so busy optimizing that damn app on PC but can't optimize on mobile and just increase the system requirements for it to run smoother? WHAT THE HELL! 😐😑

Nathanael Lusk

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 and my gosh the app never works. Especially if I tap on a notification from the action center. And then it also maks a chain reaction with Twitter and Windows Central not opening. I have to restart my phone a lot.....annoying.:eck:

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Those OSMeta builds are quite frankly horrible on anything but highend hardware. On my 735 FB app takes half a minute to start. Resuming is also some 10 second. Most of the time when the app is sent to background it doesn't resume properly, it just restarts since Win10 is unable to keep it properly paused due to huge memory demands.
This is how inefficient app development looks like.

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody tried the Facebook (Beta) in the Store?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Ffacebook-beta%2F9nblggh6ct0l&token=OtySH5VE

After reading all the bad stuff about the "regular" app, I elected to install the Beta. It does not have the 2GB RAM requirement like the standard app.

On my Lumia 650, it's no speed demon...takes about ten seconds to launch. But once it's running, it actually performs quite well. Hasn't crashed yet. Might be worth a shot for those of you struggling with the standard app.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Ffacebook-beta%2F9nblggh6ct0l&token=Pp4W8QeL

After reading all the bad stuff about the "regular" app, I elected to install the Beta. It does not have the 2GB RAM requirement like the standard app.

On my Lumia 650, it's no speed demon...takes about ten seconds to launch. But once it's running, it actually performs quite well. Hasn't crashed yet. Might be worth a shot for those of you struggling with the standard app.
going to give it another try on my 640 xl last time i remember trying it they both crashed about the same amount to me i think the main app is ahead of the beta right?

Sent from mTalk

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Any 950 (or other devices with >2GB RAM) users out there? Is it possible that the app is still getting updates for devices that have >2GB RAM, but for all other devices you're only being offered the final version to have been released prior to the increase in RAM requirements?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Ffacebook-beta%2F9nblggh6ct0l&token=-atCi70q

after trying the beta yesterday its pretty much the same performance as the main still crashes after a while of browsing on my 640 XL

Sent from mTalk

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
On a somewhat related note, has anyone started having issues with the Facebook app this week? A few days ago, my app stopped registering touches. I cannot tap on any links, menus, or even scroll down to see content. Coincidentally, this is also happening in Messenger, but not on any of my other apps in the phone.

You all are talking about the 2GB requirement. On the Store page my phone shows a red X next to the RAM requirement, yet I am on a 950XL. Anyone having this issue?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
On a somewhat related note, has anyone started having issues with the Facebook app this week? A few days ago, my app stopped registering touches. I cannot tap on any links, menus, or even scroll down to see content. Coincidentally, this is also happening in Messenger, but not on any of my other apps in the phone.

You all are talking about the 2GB requirement. On the Store page my phone shows a red X next to the RAM requirement, yet I am on a 950XL. Anyone having this issue?
If the ram requirements were true it wouldn't let u install it on the device I think the ram requirement listing is a store bug

Sent from mTalk

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Sad to report that the app stability is still horrible. Crashed on me already a couple of times.
What is the Instagram guys doing that the Facebook team isn't?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb