Did Facebook stop updating the FB app for mobile?

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
For me, I prefer SlimSocial for Facebook anyway. It's faster, smooth as silk, and let's Mr have the dark theme, which is much easier on the eyes.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Is the app working now? Uninstalled it some weeks ago, pinned mobile website on it's place, works wonders. Before, I had only headaches trying to use it. Crashed every time, had to try 2 to 5 times for it to open, a mess. But I really miss having notifications and live tile, plus the top bar doesn't stick with the screen in the website.
Just wish they could take some classes in memory management and garbage collection, because both Android and iOS versions also suffer from the same problem, but W10 is stricter when it comes to that, so it simply shuts the app down. A simple app draining all the device's RAM to work is unacceptable, and it's not like it's some heavy CAD simulation stuff, it's just a bunch of text, pictures and video in a long list.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Samuel Libardi Godoy
Is the app working now? Uninstalled it some weeks ago, pinned mobile website on it's place, works wonders. Before, I had only headaches trying to use it. Crashed every time, had to try 2 to 5 times for it to open, a mess. But I really miss having notifications and live tile, plus the top bar doesn't stick with the screen in the website.
Just wish they could take some classes in memory management and garbage collection, because both Android and iOS versions also suffer from the same problem, but W10 is stricter when it comes to that, so it simply shuts the app down. A simple app draining all the device's RAM to work is unacceptable, and it's not like it's some heavy CAD simulation stuff, it's just a bunch of text, pictures and video in a long list.

Works for me on my 640 XL. Not sure what phone u have but try installling to device memory the app works better that way

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by greedo_greedy
Agree that SlimSocial for Facebook is a good alternative to the buggy Facebook app.
It's a web wrapper basically but it's done right and it's 10 times faster than the real app.

Also, I'd like to note that Windows Phones thrived on third party alternatives like 6tag so I do not see anything wrong with this.

SlimSocial for Facebook
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8

It's just a web wrapper tho doesn't have features like going live and other major features. Why use a web wrapper when u can just use edge? I wanted the fb developed app for the features

Maceart

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As of November 7th, the regular Facebook app for Windows 10 Mobile is completely broken.

It doesn't register anything when you open it. Tapping anywhere on the screen is un-responsive.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey fellas! Did you know that the FB ( beta ) app for Windows 10 mobile got updated 5 days ago? Here are the changes:
- Nav bar only has icons now instead of having words like "News feed, Friend request, etc."
- It's now lighter and takes 250mb of space only
- Add stickers to a post
- Bolder fonts in some areas
- Smooth scrolling

And of course it still crashes tho.. What do you get for a beta app? Haha

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
That is a known bug which hasn't been fixed yet. To fix it you need to power cycle your phone

This being said, the bug (which used to stuck ALL facebook apps) seems to have been fixed for Instagram. When FB/Messenger are unresponsive, Instagram still works.

So I hope it means OSmeta is fixed, FB *just* need to update their damn app now (the non beta one) :/

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
^ that freezing problem is already fixed in the beta version of the app.. Now waiting for it to come to official and then messenger is next. 👍

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
And so the Facebook app was finally updated yesterday on my Lumia 1520.

However I did not receive it on my Lumia 735.

Dunno if the update will be rolled down to devices with 1gb RAM. Keeping my fingers crossed.

On my Lumia 1520 though the app for the first time is very stable. It didn't crash even once yet. Scrolling is also surprisingly smooth as baby's bottom.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I clicked on a video in the official FB app and the message I got was that the video was unable to open and that I could only play the video in the official app. It suggested that I download the official app and try again. Hahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett