Did Facebook stop updating the FB app for mobile?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The official Facebook app hasn't been updated for a while. Has Facebook stop the development of the app? They pretty seem quiet about it but the app has still some annoying bugs like the crashing, live tile issues, and no live video which is a good to have feature.

I know the beta version of the FB might be more ahead than the official one, but has the beta app is also being updated recently?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it stopped, facebook seems to be doing good on their word as evidenced by the instagram app.

I'm just sure that there are different teams working on the facebook, messenger and instagram app.

The instagram team could teach the facebook team a thing or two about working quick.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the look of the actual app ang the screenshots of the app in Windows store look different from each other. Could it be a newer version?

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Facebook got an update wayback September but days later they pulled the update and the update never came back.. It was version 63 but now it's back to version 61.. The desktop version tho is updated on September 30 which bumped the app to version 65. Now all we need is to wait.. Messenger also got updated on the desktop too which bumped the app to version 87 while the mobile is still version 79.. :(

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by DavidTheGiant
Facebook got an update wayback September but days later they pulled the update and the update never came back.. It was version 63 but now it's back to version 61.. The desktop version tho is updated on September 30 which bumped the app to version 65. Now all we need is to wait.. Messenger also got updated on the desktop too which bumped the app to version 87 while the mobile is still version 79.. :(

Sad considering we use it on more mobile

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
it has truly been a long time since we saw both the messenger and FB app getting updated. But the current version is quite stable and i feel that is why devs are taking use that extra time to bring in a new update with feature and improvements. ;)

But it is definitely supported ^_^

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps they just want to include more features in the next update? Maybe some of the updates broke the rest of the code for mobile and as I am guessing their team is not too big it might take them some time to fix the code?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
We aren't their priority so I would venture a guess that we may see one update for every 10 on the platforms people actually use. Sucks, but it is what it is. Yes, Instagram just got updated, but its different people doing it.

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I run the facebook beta app and so far so good its slow to load but does work unlike the regular facebook app which would not open.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Untitled.png

Look. Messenger and Facebook Beta keeps updating on the PC version.. I think they're focusing more on the PC first so yeah we just have to wait.. :amaze: :asleep:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I think FB had a major issue on mobile (and PC), related to touchscreen management and RS1. Much more visible on mobile of course, the issue was that at some time, the touchscreen would turn irresponsive, the app would continune to update but without the possibility to interact as touchscreen was disabled. And when this happened in one of the 3 FB apps (Messenger, Instagram, Facebook), the three of them would be stuck in that state. Instagram doesn't react to touch, then it's the same in FB and Messenger, and only a reboot will fix it.

I've been told the same issue occured on PC too, but as people would use keyboard and mouse most of the time, they wouldn't realise.

My guess so far was that it's a OSMeta/Windows 10 issue.

BUT. Since the last instagram updates (last week), when FB is irresponsive, then Messenger is irresponsive too but not Instagram. Instagram continues to work.

I presume they've fixed that Osmeta bug, at least for Instagram. I expect a FB/Messenger update on mobile soon to bring that Osmeta fix to all of FB apps.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I think FB had a major issue on mobile (and PC), related to touchscreen management and RS1. Much more visible on mobile of course, the issue was that at some time, the touchscreen would turn irresponsive, the app would continune to update but without the possibility to interact as touchscreen was disabled. And when this happened in one of the 3 FB apps (Messenger, Instagram, Facebook), the three of them would be stuck in that state. Instagram doesn't react to touch, then it's the same in FB and Messenger, and only a reboot will fix it.

I've been told the same issue occured on PC too, but as people would use keyboard and mouse most of the time, they wouldn't realise.

My guess so far was that it's a OSMeta/Windows 10 issue.

BUT. Since the last instagram updates (last week), when FB is irresponsive, then Messenger is irresponsive too but not Instagram. Instagram continues to work.

I presume they've fixed that Osmeta bug, at least for Instagram. I expect a FB/Messenger update on mobile soon to bring that Osmeta fix to all of FB apps.

I second this. This is exactly what's been happening to me, except that it ALWAYS starts with FB being unresponsive, triggering a chain reaction which causes both IG and Messenger to become unresponsive as well.

Although Instagram is the better app of the bunch, I'm still disappointed that the latest update has not yet fixed the annoying crash from pressing the Windows back button during certain operation in IG, which are:

1) Open Insta Stories (doesn't matter if it's your friend's or from the Search tab, as long as it's IG stories) and, while viewing it, press the WINDOWS back button (not the X button at the top right). From here, you'd expect the stories to close, and you'd be back either on your home page or at the Search page, but instead IG will crash/force close.

2) Opening a photo via "3D touch" (hold at thumbnail, swipe up to reveal Like, Share, etc.), and pressing the back button (Windows back button, not the iPhone-isque back button on the top left), you'd expect for the photo preview to close and you'll return to the grid view of your Home or Search tab. Alas, IG crashes.

Although, I must say that as of now, (1) is still occurring on my Lumia 950, while (2) is somewhat fixed. It still happens, but very, VERY rarely.

Hoping IG, as well as the other two FB apps be more optimized in the future for W10M.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss