04-12-2017 04:04 AM
311 ... 45678 ...
tools
    and now i also had overnight charging issues too... with the same charger i have been using for almost a year...
    this build (.448) is not stable
    11-15-2016 07:51 AM
    and now i also had overnight charging issues too... with the same charger i have been using for almost a year...
    this build (.448) is not stable
    right after getting the update thats common behavior, wait a few days
    11-15-2016 12:03 PM
    This update has f*cked my otherwise decent experience on my 640XL.. Last night my start screen crashed and after a soft reset, all I saw was the search bar in the app list, settings app and cortana.. No OneDrive, no Messaging, No Phone, nothing..

Did a hard reset and sat through the restore to make sure it worked fine.. Went to sleep, woke up.. Used the phone for a while in the morning.. Tried changing the scaling from 175% to 150%. Phone requested a restart and LO ******* BEHOLD everything is gone again.. This time there were more apps but still not even close normal.. Hard reset the phone for the second time in less than 12 hours.. Afraid to restart or shut down my phone again..

And now Groove won't recognize the 500+ songs on my memory card so I have to use "Extreme Music" app

Thinking of going back to 8.1 and wait for a better update.. This is annoying af..
    11-15-2016 02:25 PM
    Battery life very bad again.....third day......448
    11-15-2016 05:00 PM
    lol seeing the replies here makes me wonder if there's anyone living just fine with this update, happy users tend to be silent

hey mods, why don't we make a thread for each cumulative just so we can add a poll(preferably a week after release) with 2 options, A- good update, everything same-better \\ B- bad update, my phone dieded

would be mighty useful I think :)
    Tjarren likes this.
    11-15-2016 09:31 PM
    I am fine with this update, but then I didn't have any issues with the last build either, so nothing has changed for me.
    11-15-2016 10:20 PM
    Outlook live tiles are still not working on .448 already did a WDRT, no hardreset
    11-15-2016 10:29 PM
    My regular outlook live tile hasn't worked reliably in ages. I instead pin my inbox to start screen, works well.
    11-15-2016 10:30 PM
    5 days of this - battery life is horrible... if this keeps up, I'll go back to my Blackberry Z10... yeah, that bad...
    11-15-2016 11:05 PM
    5 days of this - battery life is horrible... if this keeps up, I'll go back to my Blackberry Z10... yeah, that bad...
    if you see a w10 pc's background activity for a while you will see how it gets constantly hammered in cpu-ram-disk etc, leave it idling for a while? all hell breaks lose, touch the mouse? instantly cool down, but if its a laptop you will notice the fan going crazy and battery half dead

it appears to happen randomly, but it does happen for every pc I've seen, eventually, so no need to tell me you've never seen it, I know most people don't watch system stats all the time, and thats why ms does it, almost nobody notices or cares

what you experience on the phone is really no surprise, the code is indeed all that common between the two, look at processes/performance on device portal and you will see a similar behavior, and when you add general buggyness to the mix, well here we are
    11-15-2016 11:26 PM
    I am also fine with this build, no problems so far.
    Danobe likes this.
    11-16-2016 02:08 AM
    This build is pretty good for me too (I'm on a 950).
    11-16-2016 02:40 AM
    Outlook live tiles are still not working on .448 already did a WDRT, no hardreset

Working for me WDRT then hard reset after 107.
    11-16-2016 05:51 AM
    if you see a w10 pc's background activity for a while you will see how it gets constantly hammered in cpu-ram-disk etc, leave it idling for a while? all hell breaks lose, touch the mouse? instantly cool down, but if its a laptop you will notice the fan going crazy and battery half dead
    The indexing is usually the culprit for this. Have you tried to inaktivate it?
    11-16-2016 06:32 AM
    This build is pretty good for me too (I'm on a 950).
    Me too. Everything is fine on my Lumia 950 DS.

The phone is running cooler than ever.
    11-16-2016 06:54 AM
    Everything is fine on both my 640 and SP3. No issue at all. Bluetooth is working well, wifi and 4G/LTE all ok on the 640.
    11-16-2016 07:21 AM
    Battery life is not so good for me on this build.Went down to 86% from full charge in 6 hours overnight.Main culprit is Windows Default Lock Screen (62%) in those 6 hours .
    I did not see this in the previous builds after AU.
    11-16-2016 09:43 AM
    so far I am not having any issues with this build.
    I will do my full battery test starting tomorrow where I go thru a 'normal' days worth of usage and judge battery life then.

Lumia Icon (aka 929)
    11-16-2016 12:41 PM
    The indexing is usually the culprit for this. Have you tried to inaktivate it?
    its more than simple disk indexing, I have it disabled, see for example I've never used groove or movies-tv apps on my desktop, not opened once since TH1, but a few weeks ago I saw a background process indexing my music folder, which is a random folder in F drive, it just got me wondering, how could windows know about this? that this folder is essentially my music folder and to decide to index it for groove, thats just the kind of thing that makes tinfoil hats go crazy

then you check "app history" and see cortana, which I no longer use for more than a web search shortcut, having x4 more cpu time than apps which I almost never close, like twitter

I just think on previous windows versions like 8.1 you felt that the thing was predictable and under your control, on w10 it feels like there's an IA doing things behind your back every time you blink an eye, and its all the more frustrating when you have computers that you rarely use, it gets way worse when the computer hasn't been used for days, it wants to sync everything at once, like my laptop which I take to class from time to time, sometimes I don't have a charger nearby and I'm now used to just use battery saver mode and kill whatever process I see using 20-30% cpu for no apparent reason
    11-16-2016 01:20 PM

it appears to happen randomly, but it does happen for every pc I've seen, eventually, so no need to tell me you've never seen it, I know most people don't watch system stats all the time, and thats why ms does it, almost nobody notices or cares

what you experience on the phone is really no surprise, the code is indeed all that common between the two, look at processes/performance on device portal and you will see a similar behavior, and when you add general buggyness to the mix, well here we are
    If this was the same experience on every build, then I'd give it a little more credence - but this is the 2nd build in a year of being on Insider (so, many updates) that has had this kind of issue.

But I do get your point, and yes, this may well be a thing. I also noticed my HP Stream 7 tablet (that is also on Insider) has been acting funky in the last couple of weeks. So, maybe something in the current code is wonky.
    11-16-2016 11:50 PM
    No problems on my end Lumia 735 and Lumia 1520
    11-16-2016 11:55 PM
    this new build 14965 is installable ? i dont install .448 yet
    11-18-2016 02:28 AM
    Battery life has improved now - back to near pre update life.
    11-18-2016 06:38 AM
    I am running .448 on a Lumia 635 and 650. The 635 is fine, just a little slow. The 650 was perfect on .321 but now on 448 live tile for calendar is dead. Doesn't even show date. Main account email tile stuck on a message deleted few days ago. My alias tile for different email address under main account tile works.
    11-19-2016 06:37 PM
    Did anyone notice that since the last few builds, background tasks and push notifications show up even if battery saver is ON? All battery saver does is reduce the display brightness.
    Same problem on my L950 with .448 build, I receive every notification even when battery saver is turned on. Skype preview keeps sending me notifications although I set my status on "do not disturb".
    Two friends with L535 and L640xl also said that battery saver isn't working.

Tried hard reset and it didn't help. Also battery life is worse than the previous builds, this one is complete mess.😐
    Hugo Barreiros likes this.
    11-20-2016 04:00 PM
311 ... 45678 ...