04-12-2017 04:04 AM
311 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The same problem here on L950. Battery saver mode does not work at all. Also, even if I try manually to stop an APP from working in background, does not work:(
    Reinstalled phone 3 times, and even tried full restore from an old backup.
    Hopefully MS will release another update to fix this issue!
    11-21-2016 10:20 AM
    Battery saver bug.
    Battery saver is off ,but keep block app. No message on whatsapp,messenger...
    Turn battery saver set to auto,restart,and all app works fine,and show all delayed notifications
    11-21-2016 02:12 PM
    How is the Camera app? In Fast Ring, too much "Saving"....
    11-28-2016 06:05 AM
    MS is able to solve a few bugs in updates
    But then they are also able to put in new ones after those same updates.
    Ridiculous.

1. Is it too much to ask for live tiles to work properly? Facebook (notifications are a joke), Groove Music (is it that hard to get the tile to update when changing the song?), Contacts (faces sometimes appear and suddenly they vanish to unknown whereabouts)

2. Why is there a Glance Screen settings menu in 2 different places? Is it too much to ask to delete the one that doesn't work? It's there for ages!!

3. Wallet app......camera doesn't work in fixed focus Lumias (435, 532...). Is it so hard to get it to work in these phones?

4. Glance screen.......why is the glance screen showing underneath the FB blue start screen? It's a bug that has been reported ages ago...is it that hard to solve? (http://i.imgur.com/YhzjTgJ.jpg)

5. Why the hell can't anybody in MS solve the middle of the screen vertical black line in Lumias 532? Another issue that showed up after the WP10 upgrade that has been there for ages! Is there a single soul able to solve this problem once and for all?

We have updates once a month which is more than reasonable to get things working..........................and yet we still keep seeing old bugs and new bugs!

Doesn't MS have one single soul working there that is clever enough to fix these small things???......
    When I think about it.........I then realize why WP10 is even worse than 8.1 in Market share on mobiles throughout the globe.

But what really pisses me off is that some of these worked perfectly well in 8.1 !!!
    Live tile notifications per example worked fine in 8.1 and now......they are just rubbish!
    Last edited by BrunoMG; 11-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    11-28-2016 09:57 AM
    Microsoft pushes Windows 10 cumulative update 14393.321 for PC and Mobile

Windows 10 Mobile build 14393.448 rolling out to the public | Windows Central

Here's what's changed:

1. Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
    2. Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
    3. Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn't run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
    4. Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
    5. Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
    6. Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
    7. Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
    8. Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
    9. Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
    10. Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.

Note: This update reaches parity with desktop official and rolled out to Insider Slow, Insider Release and non-Insider Production/Official.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things 10.0.14393.321, discuss it all here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post3467172[/NOTE]
    Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
    [TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
    Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
    [INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
    Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
    [INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
    1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
    2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
    3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
    4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
    5.If you dont find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
    6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
    7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping > Upload feedback data."
    [/INFO]
    Love how Microsoft are making headway in the updates to WM10 very happy with it except the random turn offs and "resuming" coming up.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-29-2016 02:51 PM
    It's funny: live tiles worked well on my 730 on 448. Now that I'm on Red Stone 2, they sometimes stop working. Especially the calendar app, but others too.

Tile resizing or restarting the phone helps. But as these problems are here for months and months, I have little hope they ever get it right.

"Broken beyond repair" as a developer from the Plex Forum said recently.
    libra89 and BrunoMG like this.
    11-30-2016 12:20 PM
    Same problem on my L950 with .448 build, I receive every notification even when battery saver is turned on. Skype preview keeps sending me notifications although I set my status on "do not disturb".
    Two friends with L535 and L640xl also said that battery saver isn't working.

Tried hard reset and it didn't help. Also battery life is worse than the previous builds, this one is complete mess.😐
    Same problem with Lumia 640XL. Battery Saver does nothing.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-02-2016 08:36 AM
    Same problem with Lumia 640XL. Battery Saver does nothing.
    I suspect there was a problem with WhatsApp. My phone was behaving strange, restarting randomly and shutting off unexpectedly.

After the last WhatsApp update, from a day ago, all got back to normal and now this build is nearing perfection to me, with outstanding battery life.
    12-04-2016 02:43 PM
    Im on 8.1 im thinking of installing wm10 prerelease......is there any apps only for 10....thats not for 8.1 ?? I know movie maker 8.1 is not on 10....i really like that app...is there any alternative??....also....will eBay make a universal app for desktop,that we could download for mobile
    12-05-2016 02:52 PM
    I add one birthday in people contacts,but birthday not added in outlook calendar,option show birthdays is allow in outlook settings. Calendar c'ant syncing with people contact on outlook live server. Why?
    12-07-2016 05:13 AM
    This update has f*cked my otherwise decent experience on my 640XL.. Last night my start screen crashed and after a soft reset, all I saw was the search bar in the app list, settings app and cortana.. No OneDrive, no Messaging, No Phone, nothing..

Did a hard reset and sat through the restore to make sure it worked fine.. Went to sleep, woke up.. Used the phone for a while in the morning.. Tried changing the scaling from 175% to 150%. Phone requested a restart and LO ******* BEHOLD everything is gone again.. This time there were more apps but still not even close normal.. Hard reset the phone for the second time in less than 12 hours.. Afraid to restart or shut down my phone again..

And now Groove won't recognize the 500+ songs on my memory card so I have to use "Extreme Music" app

Thinking of going back to 8.1 and wait for a better update.. This is annoying af..

I Faced similar issues with 14393.448 (non-insider).
    contacts sync issues (with gmail)
    Battery saver not working, only it just shows the icon on top of battery.
    i'm able to get whatsapp messages/other apps push notifications even battery saver is on.
    this caused low battery life.
    yesterday i have installed 8.1 using device recovery tool. happy with it.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-09-2016 02:59 AM
    Much better here.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    12-09-2016 09:37 AM
    Battery life much better here on build 14393.448.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    12-09-2016 09:43 AM
    I add one birthday in people contacts,but birthday not added in outlook calendar,option show birthdays is allow in outlook settings. Calendar c'ant syncing with people contact on outlook live server. Why?
    Solved.
    In outlook.com edit in people contact only day and month of birthay,and year box still on YEAR, and works

Editing birthay contact in phone not work,and not compatible with outlook.com people contacts..this is stupid..

For weather forecast in calendar,gps location must work first time when wheater use location,and work
    Last edited by boky69; 12-09-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    12-09-2016 10:24 AM
    12-09-2016 12:05 PM
    My 950XL (non-insider) doesn't seem to have received the update to the latest production version yet.
    12-11-2016 05:43 AM
    Today and for the first time I had continues vibration and had to remove the battery to stop it, L830
    I had this for the first time a few days ago too. Quite scary really. A call comes in, the screen doesn't change to show the call notification and the ring tone and vibration are going off like crazy. I had to remove the battery and restart. I am no longer in the Insider program because of the issues, such as this, so, to experience this as a non-insider, is not good at all.
    12-11-2016 05:48 AM
    How I remove these two apps

Sent from mTalk
    12-11-2016 06:06 AM
    I downloaded also uninstalled these these apps but it remains there

Sent from mTalk
    12-11-2016 06:08 AM
    The update brings the Windows 10 build number to 14393.576 (KB3206632), up from the build released last week which was 14393.479. Here's a changelog:

Improved reliability of Security Support Provider Interface.
    Addressed a service crash in CDPSVC that in some situations could lead to the machine not being able to acquire an IP address.
    Addressed issue where a Catalog-signed module installation does not work on Nano Server.
    Addressed issue with Devices left with Hello on for an excessive amount of time will not go into power savings mode.
    Addressed issue with gl_pointSize to not work properly when used with drawElements method in Internet Explorer 11.
    Addressed issue where Azure Active Directory-joined machines after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1607 cannot sync with Exchange.
    Addressed additional issues with app compatibility, updated time zone information, Internet Explorer.
    Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Uniscribe, Common Log File System Driver.
    Update has just started rolling out now, so if you can't see it just yet, don't worry, the update is still propagating throughout Windows Update and may take a few minutes to show.

http://windowscentral.com/windows-10...oduction-rings
    libra89 likes this.
    12-13-2016 02:38 PM
    MS is able to solve a few bugs in updates
    But then they are also able to put in new ones after those same updates.
    Ridiculous.

1. Is it too much to ask for live tiles to work properly? Facebook (notifications are a joke), Groove Music (is it that hard to get the tile to update when changing the song?), Contacts (faces sometimes appear and suddenly they vanish to unknown whereabouts)

2. Why is there a Glance Screen settings menu in 2 different places? Is it too much to ask to delete the one that doesn't work? It's there for ages!!

3. Wallet app......camera doesn't work in fixed focus Lumias (435, 532...). Is it so hard to get it to work in these phones?

4. Glance screen.......why is the glance screen showing underneath the FB blue start screen? It's a bug that has been reported ages ago...is it that hard to solve? (http://i.imgur.com/YhzjTgJ.jpg)

5. Why the hell can't anybody in MS solve the middle of the screen vertical black line in Lumias 532? Another issue that showed up after the WP10 upgrade that has been there for ages! Is there a single soul able to solve this problem once and for all?

We have updates once a month which is more than reasonable to get things working..........................and yet we still keep seeing old bugs and new bugs!

Doesn't MS have one single soul working there that is clever enough to fix these small things???......
    When I think about it.........I then realize why WP10 is even worse than 8.1 in Market share on mobiles throughout the globe.

But what really pisses me off is that some of these worked perfectly well in 8.1 !!!
    Live tile notifications per example worked fine in 8.1 and now......they are just rubbish!
    1. Notifications work for us, Grove tile seems to show the correct image whenever we change songs, contact images work... Where did you get them? If you got them from Facebook then Facebook probably has problems with their image hosting.
    2. They are still working on Glance settings, it was added by Nokia and not by Microsoft.
    4. That is just a burnin on your screen. Try taking a screenshot and looking at it on another device and you will see that the glance information is not there.
    Rosebank likes this.
    12-13-2016 05:16 PM
    does anyone know how can I solve the error from the attached photo? he began to manifest in the .448 and continues in .576, it creates problems when synchronizing application people and application camscanner which are no longer syncs with onedrive. I tried hard reset but it does not work. 950xl, official, non-insider.
    thanks.
    It doesn't matter if it's on mobile data or Wi-Fi, it's the same.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20161214_0002.jpg  
    12-14-2016 02:27 PM
    so after updating my Lumia Icon to this build, I am getting some issues with the bluetooth going to a brand new set of Plantronics Pro bluetooth head phones.
    When I am playing music from IHeart, Spotify or Groove, when a notification comes in and displays on the screen, the bluetooth connection seems to cut out and keeps doing the cut out and in for about the next 2 minutes and then clears up.
    Its getting very annoying.
    Anyone else seeing this issue?
    I am going to try a pair of JawBone Bluetooth earbuds this evening and see if they do the same thing or not.
    Before this build, I didnt seem to have this issue with the Bluetooth cutting out and in.
    12-14-2016 03:27 PM
    I have had my B&O H8 play up after updates. So maybe try removing them from your devices and re-pair them? I'm not sure it will help, but it's easy to try.
    12-14-2016 03:55 PM
    will give that a try tonight. Thx
    Danobe likes this.
    12-14-2016 05:20 PM
311 ... 56789 ...