Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.1066 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Everything is fine on both my 640 and SP3. No issue at all. Bluetooth is working well, wifi and 4G/LTE all ok on the 640.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Battery life is not so good for me on this build.Went down to 86% from full charge in 6 hours overnight.Main culprit is Windows Default Lock Screen (62%) in those 6 hours .
I did not see this in the previous builds after AU.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

so far I am not having any issues with this build.
I will do my full battery test starting tomorrow where I go thru a 'normal' days worth of usage and judge battery life then.

Lumia Icon (aka 929)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

The indexing is usually the culprit for this. Have you tried to inaktivate it?

its more than simple disk indexing, I have it disabled, see for example I've never used groove or movies-tv apps on my desktop, not opened once since TH1, but a few weeks ago I saw a background process indexing my music folder, which is a random folder in F drive, it just got me wondering, how could windows know about this? that this folder is essentially my music folder and to decide to index it for groove, thats just the kind of thing that makes tinfoil hats go crazy

then you check "app history" and see cortana, which I no longer use for more than a web search shortcut, having x4 more cpu time than apps which I almost never close, like twitter

I just think on previous windows versions like 8.1 you felt that the thing was predictable and under your control, on w10 it feels like there's an IA doing things behind your back every time you blink an eye, and its all the more frustrating when you have computers that you rarely use, it gets way worse when the computer hasn't been used for days, it wants to sync everything at once, like my laptop which I take to class from time to time, sometimes I don't have a charger nearby and I'm now used to just use battery saver mode and kill whatever process I see using 20-30% cpu for no apparent reason

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

if you see a w10 pc's background activity for a while you will see how it gets constantly hammered in cpu-ram-disk etc, leave it idling for a while? all hell breaks lose, touch the mouse? instantly cool down, but if its a laptop you will notice the fan going crazy and battery half dead

it appears to happen randomly, but it does happen for every pc I've seen, eventually, so no need to tell me you've never seen it, I know most people don't watch system stats all the time, and thats why ms does it, almost nobody notices or cares

what you experience on the phone is really no surprise, the code is indeed all that common between the two, look at processes/performance on device portal and you will see a similar behavior, and when you add general buggyness to the mix, well here we are

If this was the same experience on every build, then I'd give it a little more credence - but this is the 2nd build in a year of being on Insider (so, many updates) that has had this kind of issue.

But I do get your point, and yes, this may well be a thing. I also noticed my HP Stream 7 tablet (that is also on Insider) has been acting funky in the last couple of weeks. So, maybe something in the current code is wonky.

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

this new build 14965 is installable ? i dont install .448 yet

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Battery life has improved now - back to near pre update life.:smile:

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

I am running .448 on a Lumia 635 and 650. The 635 is fine, just a little slow. The 650 was perfect on .321 but now on 448 live tile for calendar is dead. Doesn't even show date. Main account email tile stuck on a message deleted few days ago. My alias tile for different email address under main account tile works.

zemo323

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone notice that since the last few builds, background tasks and push notifications show up even if battery saver is ON? All battery saver does is reduce the display brightness.

Same problem on my L950 with .448 build, I receive every notification even when battery saver is turned on. Skype preview keeps sending me notifications although I set my status on "do not disturb".
Two friends with L535 and L640xl also said that battery saver isn't working.

Tried hard reset and it didn't help. Also battery life is worse than the previous builds, this one is complete mess.😐

ZenonX

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

The same problem here on L950. Battery saver mode does not work at all. Also, even if I try manually to stop an APP from working in background, does not work:(
Reinstalled phone 3 times, and even tried full restore from an old backup.
Hopefully MS will release another update to fix this issue!

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site

Battery saver bug.
Battery saver is off ,but keep block app. No message on whatsapp,messenger...
Turn battery saver set to auto,restart,and all app works fine,and show all delayed notifications

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

How is the Camera app? In Fast Ring, too much "Saving"....

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site

MS is able to solve a few bugs in updates
But then they are also able to put in new ones after those same updates.
Ridiculous.

1. Is it too much to ask for live tiles to work properly? Facebook (notifications are a joke), Groove Music (is it that hard to get the tile to update when changing the song?), Contacts (faces sometimes appear and suddenly they vanish to unknown whereabouts)

2. Why is there a Glance Screen settings menu in 2 different places? Is it too much to ask to delete the one that doesn't work? It's there for ages!!

3. Wallet app......camera doesn't work in fixed focus Lumias (435, 532...). Is it so hard to get it to work in these phones?

4. Glance screen.......why is the glance screen showing underneath the FB blue start screen? It's a bug that has been reported ages ago...is it that hard to solve? (http://i.imgur.com/YhzjTgJ.jpg)

5. Why the hell can't anybody in MS solve the middle of the screen vertical black line in Lumias 532? Another issue that showed up after the WP10 upgrade that has been there for ages! Is there a single soul able to solve this problem once and for all?

We have updates once a month which is more than reasonable to get things working..........................and yet we still keep seeing old bugs and new bugs!

Doesn't MS have one single soul working there that is clever enough to fix these small things???......
When I think about it.........I then realize why WP10 is even worse than 8.1 in Market share on mobiles throughout the globe.

But what really pisses me off is that some of these worked perfectly well in 8.1 !!!
Live tile notifications per example worked fine in 8.1 and now......they are just rubbish!

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft pushes Windows 10 cumulative update 14393.321 for PC and Mobile

Windows 10 Mobile build 14393.448 rolling out to the public | Windows Central

Here's what's changed:

1. Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
  2. Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
  3. Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn't run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
  4. Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
  5. Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
  6. Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
  7. Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
  8. Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
  9. Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
  10. Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.

Note: This update reaches parity with desktop official and rolled out to Insider Slow, Insider Release and non-Insider Production/Official.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things 10.0.14393.321, discuss it all here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don?t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping ? > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

Love how Microsoft are making headway in the updates to WM10 very happy with it except the random turn offs and "resuming" coming up.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

It's funny: live tiles worked well on my 730 on 448. Now that I'm on Red Stone 2, they sometimes stop working. Especially the calendar app, but others too.

Tile resizing or restarting the phone helps. But as these problems are here for months and months, I have little hope they ever get it right.

"Broken beyond repair" as a developer from the Plex Forum said recently.

Hugo Barreiros

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site

Same problem on my L950 with .448 build, I receive every notification even when battery saver is turned on. Skype preview keeps sending me notifications although I set my status on "do not disturb".
Two friends with L535 and L640xl also said that battery saver isn't working.

Tried hard reset and it didn't help. Also battery life is worse than the previous builds, this one is complete mess.😐

Same problem with Lumia 640XL. Battery Saver does nothing.

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Same problem with Lumia 640XL. Battery Saver does nothing.

I suspect there was a problem with WhatsApp. My phone was behaving strange, restarting randomly and shutting off unexpectedly.

After the last WhatsApp update, from a day ago, all got back to normal and now this build is nearing perfection to me, with outstanding battery life.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Im on 8.1 im thinking of installing wm10 prerelease......is there any apps only for 10....thats not for 8.1 ?? I know movie maker 8.1 is not on 10....i really like that app...is there any alternative??....also....will eBay make a universal app for desktop,that we could download for mobile

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site

I add one birthday in people contacts,but birthday not added in outlook calendar,option show birthdays is allow in outlook settings. Calendar c'ant syncing with people contact on outlook live server. Why?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett