Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.1066 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
January 10, 2017—KB3213986 (OS Build 14393.693)

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  1. Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
  2. Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
  3. Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
  4. Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
  5. Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
  6. Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
  7. Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
  8. Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
  9. Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
  10. Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
  11. Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to go from fast ring to non-insider without hard-resetting my device? Becoming an insider was stupid of me... :(

When you go to settings and search for "insider", there should be an option that says to stop insider builds. Try changing that.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

I have had (ok my dad's Lumia) issues with stuck brightness and random black screens myself. Although not mentioned, i hope they fix it. Also the heating issue. My dad's 950xl gets So hot that it is unbearable at times.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to go from fast ring to non-insider without hard-resetting my device? Becoming an insider was stupid of me... :(
The only way I know is to restore using Windows Device Recovery Tool, then you have to update as it restores to 10386 or something.

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

I have had (ok my dad's Lumia) issues with stuck brightness and random black screens myself. Although not mentioned, i hope they fix it. Also the heating issue. My dad's 950xl gets So hot that it is unbearable at times.
I followed a tip that has been published on one of the topics and I removed the sim card and i've erased the contacts with technic alcohol and since then I have no such problems with the screen brightness (I understand that you have to do the same with the memory card, if you have).

Sent from mTalk

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My photos tile isn't displaying anything, known issue?

Edit: Took a couple days and now it's working.

Last edited:

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I followed a tip that has been published on one of the topics and I removed the sim card and i've erased the contacts with technic alcohol and since then I have no such problems with the screen brightness (I understand that you have to do the same with the memory card, if you have).

Sent from mTalk
"erased the contacts with technic alcohol"...

What does this even mean?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

"erased the contacts with technic alcohol"...

What does this even mean?

I'm betting it means "cleaned the contacts with rubbing* alcohol".

*isopropyl alcohol.

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I'm betting it means "cleaned the contacts with rubbing* alcohol".

*isopropyl alcohol.
Yes, that's what I intended to mean : cleaning .

Sent from mTalk

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
OK... I'm having a strange issue on my AT&T Lumia 640, w/ this build, 14393.693, on Release Preview Ring.

The built-in flashlight widget no longer works. I tap it, and the icon changes to indicate that I turned it on, but the flash LED never turns on. I tap it again, and the icon changes to indicate that I turned it off. I know that my phone's LED flash does work, because when I go to Camera and take a photo w/ flash enabled, it does fire properly. I tried rebooting my phone, and that didn't help.

Did a search of the forums and this thread, and I can't find anyone listing this issue. Anyone else encountered this??

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
OK... I'm having a strange issue on my AT&T Lumia 640, w/ this build, 14393.693, on Release Preview Ring.

The built-in flashlight widget no longer works. I tap it, and the icon changes to indicate that I turned it on, but the flash LED never turns on. I tap it again, and the icon changes to indicate that I turned it off. I know that my phone's LED flash does work, because when I go to Camera and take a photo w/ flash enabled, it does fire properly. I tried rebooting my phone, and that didn't help.

Did a search of the forums and this thread, and I can't find anyone listing this issue. Anyone else encountered this??
Works fine on my idol

Sent from Idol 4S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb