Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.1066 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

PeregrineSlim

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
It would be good to have some official notification from Microsoft that people with only 8 MB of system memory are now out of luck with regards to receiving updates due to storage limitations, if that is indeed the case?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
For what I can tell, it is normal that after an update you cannot use all your apps. You just need to wait, to leave the phone for free minutes, for everything to come into it's place. Maybe you tried to uninstall an app while it was "coming to it's place"...

Not to get me wrong, I agree this is an issue Microsoft should work on! I'm just telling that it seems to me that we have to be patient after an update.

If your apps no longer appear to be purchased in the Store, just wait for a while, even until tomorrow. When I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently, it was shouldn't me the Buy button at an app which I have l had already purchased. It another example, when I bought a game for my mom, it tool entire day until the Store realized that the game was bought, and until it delivered me the full version of the game.

Hope they'll fix these "tiny" issues with the Store...

It would be good to have some official notification from Microsoft that people with only 8 MB of system memory are now out of luck with regards to receiving updates due to storage limitations, if that is indeed the case?
Too bad if that is really the case. I don't see why haven't they made it possible for these issues to use the storage from SD card, especially since these update can get pretty big.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I am not facing any problem till now in my Lumia 535 which has 8 GB internal storage.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes that showed up initially on my phone too in the blank space in yellow letters.
Edit - It went after a soft reset and the blank space appeared.

I didn't even need a soft reset. I just force-closed the Settings app (long-hold the back button and swipe away the task) and checked again. The message was gone.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I didn't even need a soft reset. I just force-closed the Settings app (long-hold the back button and swipe away the task) and checked again. The message was gone.

The notification on my phone did not go after closing the Settings app like you say. There was a ' Resuming....' in start screen too. So I did the soft reset.

BobAtPitt

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

After the update, I am unable to launch Store on my Lumia 640XL DS. Any fix for the same? I have already done the Soft Reset couple of time with no result

Same here, but I have Lumia 950 XL. When it tries to show the main page (in the Store app), it is replaced by a "Just a moment..." spinning dialog, then goes to an error page, saying "The Internet is needed here" and gives me an error code and a feedback link. When I click the link, it asks me to sign in with my Microsoft account. I click the account and then "Proceed" (or "Accept"?) and it gives me a black page (standard nav bar on bottom). Never returns from that. I don't have a SIM card in this phone, but WiFi is turned on and connected. This is why I'm now on Android. If it wasn't for Continuum, I would have deep-sixed this by now...

SpinalRemains

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.448 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Same here, but I have Lumia 950 XL. When it tries to show the main page (in the Store app), it is replaced by a "Just a moment..." spinning dialog, then goes to an error page, saying "The Internet is needed here" and gives me an error code and a feedback link. When I click the link, it asks me to sign in with my Microsoft account. I click the account and then "Proceed" (or "Accept"?) and it gives me a black page (standard nav bar on bottom). Never returns from that. I don't have a SIM card in this phone, but WiFi is turned on and connected. This is why I'm now on Android. If it wasn't for Continuum, I would have deep-sixed this by now...

I had the exact same issue and was going insane. ATT L950.

What I did, as suggested by another user, was to use WDRT from laptop. I did that and my 950 went back to an old version but was still radically broken. From that point in the store (spinning wait), I went to start and then update settings. I updated to the OS in question (14393.953) from that point and now my device works properly. All apps work and all apps are downloadable. Some apps will still stay "install" from the store even after I have installed them, but they were downloaded, installed and work.

The WDRT rollback and then update did fix my device.

PeregrineSlim

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. My problem is that a heck of a lot of MS supplied apps that I don't use are in the system memory and can't be moved. When I initially bought the phone most of this 'bloatware' was not on it.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I spoke too soon that I wasn't having problems after this update .The startscreen started becoming black and the phone non responsive ,not respondind to a soft reset or turning power off.So I went for a hard reset and now I have non updating Mail and Calendar tiles .
I do not want to go for a WDRT again right now .

Milan Aleksic

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have some problems whit camera flash and photos lumia 640 lte, windows 10. 14393.953 How to reset camera and photos app to default. My problems it's first picture with flash or automatic(flashed), it's so dark, another taked puctire it's ok, and, again, again... Without flash it's super, but first with flash, very dark, and in photos app some picture it's not create, it's blank... Any solution, hard reset it's last? How to reset camera to default? I try on other camera app(proshot classic) it's same! Thanks
Update today my phone, and f. reset, same problem, only on 4:3 picture ratio, on 16:9, no problem. Strange

Last edited:

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I updated to .953 two days back. I've noticed that my emails don't show up as notifications anymore unless I'm on cellular data. If it's on wifi, I have to manually open the app and sync the account to check for any new mails. It's pretty annoying.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I updated to .953 two days back. I've noticed that my emails don't show up as notifications anymore unless I'm on cellular data. If it's on wifi, I have to manually open the app and sync the account to check for any new mails. It's pretty annoying.

Nvm, I think a soft reset fixed it.

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So since all the old devices will not be getting creators update, can someone tell me how can I get it on my Lumia 635 when it is released for production builds?

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
i'm running Windows 10 anniversary update 14393.953.
You can install creator update.open settings>update and security >open windows insider program then join insider program,choose fast ring then go to phone update,click on check for update wait for few minutes.you will get update but I think you wait for official announcement because there are some issues with existing build

Sent from mTalk

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You can install creator update.open settings>update and security >open windows insider program then join insider program,choose fast ring then go to phone update,click on check for update wait for few minutes.you will get update but I think you wait for official announcement because there are some issues with existing build

Sent from mTalk

thanks for the reply.

I was previously an insider but left the program because of bugs. I've been following it for some time and wanted to avoid it. Hence I asked if there was a registry hack or some other way to get production builds once they are released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb