Outlook Calendar Tile Showing Wrong Date

General Confusion

May 29, 2016
Visit site
After using the Microsoft workaround to get my Lumia 735 to update to build 19451, my Outlook Calendar live tile now shows the wrong date.
Part of the workaround involves setting the date a week ahead and then resetting it to the correct date. My lockscreen shows the correct date and if I open Outlook calendar it comes up showing the correct date, but the live tile still shows the date I changed it to yesterday.

I have tried in-pinning and re-pinning and changing the date again, but nothing seems to help. As I am lousy at remembering peoples birthdays etc, I find the live tile really useful, but it is stuck on 28th October. Any suggestions please?

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlookar Calendar Tile Showing Wrong Date

My windows phone will do the same thing from time to time. After sometime it corrects itself but then to my surprise days later it may show the wrong date again. When it does show the wrong date, it usually always shows the first day of any one month.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

This happens on the AU for mobile still. It's absolutely unacceptable. MS should be ashamed, even though its obvious they have assigned Dona and the B Team to mobile, since the real talent works for Surface, Xbox and other profit centers.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

Has been happening with my 640 lately also. Almost missed an appointment, as calendar was showing the previous day/date. Work around I used, Untick set date time automatically. Exit settings. Restart phone. Go back to settings and re enable automatic date and time.
It has been accurate for several days now.

Chef316

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Figured out a fix....well at least it worked for me.
Add a fake, or real, event to the day the tile is showing. Then resize the tile. After this the tile started showing the current date again.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Figured out a fix....well at least it worked for me.
Add a fake, or real, event to the day the tile is showing. Then resize the tile. After this the tile started showing the current date again.

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. I was sure it would work, as I've used the "adding a fake event" trick to fix numerous past problems with Calendar live tile on previous builds.

I'm trying nycny's fix from post #4 now...

Edit: That didn't work for me either.

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The live tile situation is so bad that I've done my best to not use them, and cannot keep the calendar tile on my Start screen. In fact, I've changed my layout to not show more tiles, so that the small versions of pinned tiles are big enough to be four across. Most apps, when tiled in this manner, simply become icons. And thus, the phone has become yet another version of the iOS Springboard. So much for the signature feature of WP/W10M.

What I do as a workaround for not having Calendar on the Start screen is...launch Cortana and just ask her "What's going on this week?" And there are my upcoming events. If I want to launch the app, I just do it from the app list.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens in my Lumia 640. Totally unacceptable that MS can't even make a phone show the correct date. Has this been reported?

Chef316

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes it has. It's an isolated event. Hard reset fixes this issue. In most cases It's only the live tile showing the wrong date. Also...some say that the recent Outlook update on fast ring fixed it for them.

John147

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 650 due to changing date trying to reset my mobile data usage. I was going to do a factory reset and restore from backup but now resolved as follows.
Opened Calendar -
Clicked on 3 horizontal lines at top left corner -
Unticked all reminders, holidays, birthdays, calendars, etc. for each mailbox -
Closed Calendar -
Reopened Calendar and re-ticked each of the above reminders, etc. -
Calendar tile on start screen displayed a calendar icon for a few seconds and then displayed the correct date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium