My Lumia 640 suddenly stopped recognizing my headphones

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
My phone, out of nowhere, stopped recognizing my Sony headphones after around three weeks of normal use. Every time I plugged them the usual "waves" icon doesn't appear and music starts playing from the speaker.
I know my headphones are fine as I've plugged them on a Samsung phone they're started working just fine, the same oea for those phone's earphones on my Lumia.
I should add that in in the Insider Preview Program in the Slow Ring, but the problem appeared before the recent update and continued after that.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
It could be a hardware problem. Maybe your headphones port broke somehow.
If it only became desoldered, it should be pretty easy to fix though.

Rik Fredz

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It works on other devices right ? So definitely the problem isn't with your headphones. Do you have the gadgets app installed ? Of not install out from the store or update it. And then open the app and plug in your headphones 🎧. It might just do the trick!

- sent from W10M .51

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
? In the description I've pointed out that some random Samsung earphones works just fine, it's just the Sony headphones that aren't recognized by my phone
? Installing and reinstalling Gadgets didn't worked out
? At night, I tried the very extreme method of hard resetting the phone... No results
? If, somehow, it's a hardware problem, how could I found out and/or fix?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium