10-30-2016 12:39 PM
29 12
tools
    I think it is worth it. Especially if you can migrate whatever apps you don't use. I use an iPhone SE but just bought a 640 & 650 Lumia because I missed part of the Microsoft ecosystem. Now I'll be going between these three devices. A 950 I would get in a heartbeat if i could
    10-27-2016 03:08 PM
    Now, with Windows 10 Mobile, things have gone off the rails. Reliability took a dump, as did overall performance. App quality (even native MS apps) is noticeably poor, boot times can be measured with a calendar and none of the slickness of WP7 is left. My 950 is the worst phone I've ever owned. Just this afternoon I tried to take a screenshot and for whatever reason it wouldn't save it. Eventually the image did show up in the pictures app, but it wouldn't allow me to crop it. Endless glitches, problems and random failures are the hallmark of W10M (in my experience). Attempting even the simplest of tasks can be an exercise in abject frustration.
    My experience is the same as Craig's. I've been with Windows Phone since the beginning and I love the OS... other than it's getting so buggy that I'm now considering switching to another platform. I have a 950XL and my wife has a 950. I thought she was just being an anti-tech complainer when she'd tell me on a nearly daily basis what wasn't working on her phone. After the last major update to Windows Mobile, I too have issues on a nearly daily basis. I can't even blame bad apps because I hardly have any apps on the phone that didn't come with it!

Yes, the camera is very nice, but unless you're a hardcore Microsoft fan, I can't say that I'd recommend the current Lumia phones.
    10-27-2016 09:24 PM
    My experience is the same as Craig's. I've been with Windows Phone since the beginning and I love the OS... other than it's getting so buggy that I'm now considering switching to another platform. I have a 950XL and my wife has a 950. I thought she was just being an anti-tech complainer when she'd tell me on a nearly daily basis what wasn't working on her phone. After the last major update to Windows Mobile, I too have issues on a nearly daily basis. I can't even blame bad apps because I hardly have any apps on the phone that didn't come with it!

Yes, the camera is very nice, but unless you're a hardcore Microsoft fan, I can't say that I'd recommend the current Lumia phones.
    I haven't had my of these issues, and I'm on the slow build. In saying that, i do agree on the last part. The current Lumia feels like a beta phone. Microsoft is fine tuning things, trying ti make the os mature. I doubt there will be a surface phone just quite yet. I think Microsoft will wait for another 2 years before they upgrade 950xl, whether its the lumia____ or an actual surface phone.

They've just reached their all time sp. I doubt this is the end of wp.
    10-28-2016 04:37 PM
    I cannot recommend WM to anyone in its current state. In fact I’ve taken away both of nieces W10M phones (L640s, upgrades from their 521s which they were very reluctant to replace since they liked them so much) and got them iPhones when the SE launched.
    libra89 and xandros9 like this.
    10-30-2016 12:39 PM
29 12