Outlook.com -> Tasks

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My account at outlook.com was recently updated to the newest version of outlook.com,
https://outlook.live.com/owa/

I currently sport an iPhone 7 plus and a lumia 950 xl, I am able to get my tasks on my iPhone from my outlook.com account, but I can't find an internal way for my windows phone to show tasks.

outlook.com does show the tasks, I would think there has to be a way that windows 10 mobile will have a spot for outlook.com tasks?

Any help or 3rd party solution would be helpful. I still use my Lumia 950XL as my daily driver.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of a third-party solution off the top of my head but I do know that Windows 10 Mobile does not have Tasks support natively for some reason. (as opposed to being in the Calendar in 8.x)

Moved to W10M. It's a W10M issue primarily that deals with functionality offered by Outlook.com & your iPhone.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, this is a huge bummer. Microsoft talks about productivity yet their phone can't do one of the most essential productivity tools of using a synced task list. What is more frustrating is that outlook.com task list syncs with my iPhone just fine.

sik2k

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
As silly as it sounds this feature is probably the tipping point for me to jump to Android. I decided today that using tasks would be handy for something I'm doing at work and one of our IT guys told me he accesses tasks on his phone. He said I'd be able to do it on my W10 Lumia but after a bit of searching it appears I can't.

I've been tempted a few times to get a 950xl but today has finally convinced me to jump to Android for a while. Having been on Windows based phones for many years I'm a little sad about it but there seems to be little sense in staying - such a shame.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As silly as it sounds this feature is probably the tipping point for me to jump to Android. I decided today that using tasks would be handy for something I'm doing at work and one of our IT guys told me he accesses tasks on his phone. He said I'd be able to do it on my W10 Lumia but after a bit of searching it appears I can't.

I've been tempted a few times to get a 950xl but today has finally convinced me to jump to Android for a while. Having been on Windows based phones for many years I'm a little sad about it but there seems to be little sense in staying - such a shame.

I'm just going to take this opportunity to plug Blackberry's suite of apps then. (Hub, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Tasks - its $1/monthly or ads after the first 30 days - worth trying.)
And if that isn't your style, I enjoyed Tasks + Notes before BB Tasks saw wider availability. I'm not sure what else works off the top of my head since I either used Keep or OneNote for tasks before.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm still upset WebOS didn't retain that same functionality when it migrated from PalmOS (yes, check my avatar). This was one of the main reasons I went from PDA to SmartDevice. I want that one integrated day view with tasks, scheduled events and everything. That 680 spoiled me I guess.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still upset WebOS didn't retain that same functionality when it migrated from PalmOS (yes, check my avatar). This was one of the main reasons I went from PDA to SmartDevice. I want that one integrated day view with tasks, scheduled events and everything. That 680 spoiled me I guess.

I hope that Windows 10 Mobile goes in the direction of productivity. Email is already great, we need tasks and a day view with everything on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077