Messenger application

Meszaros Mate

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I use a phone (640 XL) which has 1 GB RAM and the new Beta and old messenger application do not work at all because require 2GB of ram , same at facebook app too.. Can anyone tell me on win 8.1 still working Messenger properly ?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
messenger for windows phone 8.1 is unsupported, since the launch of the UWP app. Facebook has also updated the minimum hardware requirements of the app taking it to 2gb ram as they found out that lowmemory was causing multiple issue on the app. i cant confirm the current performance of the apps on WP 8.1 but as the platform is now unsupported you can face such instability

Meszaros Mate

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you you're answer, still it is such a shame , should I just buy a new phone (?) .. Deleted both apps ( Face and Messenger) and now I'am suffer of Microsoft Edge browser to open every single time to view a new message... SAD :(

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
in my honest opinion if you are fed up with windows phone for now , you should strongly consider moving to ios or android instead to upgrading to a premium windows phone device as stability and optimization issues with currently ongoing app gap will again bother you.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Facebook themselves never said anything about the 2gb ram requirement. If it really was a requirement it wouldnt let u download the app and would give u a message saying your device isnt supported for this app like it does for other apps. I think the 2gb requirement is a bug because it still lets u install it and the beta has no mention of a 2gb requirement.

Eitherway im on a 640 xl as well and messenger works fine for me its works more reliably than the main facebook app..

my opinion tho

Sent from mTalk

Meszaros Mate

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Well, I do not know honestly. But if there is a bug you said, why they are not fixing it ? when i opened the messenger app on win10 could not logging in, the screen was not moving /rolling at all. But still interesting that on my laptop which is also windows 10 plat the messenger is working fine and good, without problems

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
There is a bug with facebook apps that makes the app stop responding to input. You could have gotten that. We are all waiting for a fix, right now it seems the only way to fix it is to restart the phone.
You can use the in-app bug reporting/feedback option to report it to facebook, as ore people doing so will put pressure on them to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb