The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-19-2016 06:36 AM
96 123 ...
tools
    So i was away from windows mobile for few months got me a deal on a 640 xl so figured why not .
    I have to say it used to work apps and all but now i find app support gone nothing is working as it did ,basically went to the dogs ....pile of **** , like what happen with mobile support.
    10-29-2016 08:12 PM
    Unfortunately, as it improves, more bugs seems to appear sometimes. I actually hate Windows 10 Mobile on my 640, because it seems to be slow and buggy. The experience feels better with native W10M phones (to me).
    aximtreo and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-29-2016 08:20 PM
    Unfortunately, as it improves, more bugs seems to appear sometimes. I actually hate Windows 10 Mobile on my 640, because it seems to be slow and buggy. The experience feels better with native W10M phones (to me).
    Its not that it is slow i see that app support is gone , no ebay ,tapatalk is not working right Facebook so so ,Amazon is crap like what happen in the last few months.
    slivy58 and Pirate Arr like this.
    10-29-2016 08:23 PM
    Its not that it is slow i see that app support is gone , no ebay ,tapatalk is not working right Facebook so so ,Amazon is crap like what happen in the last gew months.
    Ohh okay. You are correct on those counts. Instagram has been updated quite a bit though.
    slivy58 likes this.
    10-29-2016 08:24 PM
    Ohh okay. You are correct on those counts. Instagram has been updated quite a bit though.
    Im using 6Tag find it better than instagram app same thing just faster.
    10-29-2016 08:26 PM
    Im using 6Tag find it better than instagram app same thing just faster.
    No Instagram Stories on 6tag though. :( I need (and look forward to) my stories. At this time, the W10M app is able to do most of what it can do on iOS and Android.
    10-29-2016 08:28 PM
    No Instagram Stories on 6tag though. :( I need (and look forward to) my stories. At this time, the W10M app is able to do most of what it can do on iOS and Android.
    Stories ?
    10-29-2016 08:30 PM
    Stories ?
    It's a somewhat new thing that allows people to post stories that only last for 24 hours. I would suggest downloading the official Instagram app to see for yourself. Not sure how to explain it, but I can almost guarantee that there's someone that you follow who has posted a story today. They appear with a colorful ring right before you look at the photos on Instagram.
    10-29-2016 08:37 PM
    It's a somewhat new thing that allows people to post stories that only last for 24 hours. I would suggest downloading the official Instagram app to see for yourself. Not sure how to explain it, but I can almost guarantee that there's someone that you follow who has posted a story today. They appear with a colorful ring right before you look at the photos on Instagram.
    Yes i hqve seen it on android goes on top and its like vid ppl place ...ok cool ty for explanation
    libra89 likes this.
    10-29-2016 08:39 PM
    nadella happened
    10-30-2016 01:19 AM
    On the plus side, the mobile web finally for a lot of sites now is really a lot better and look nice on edge. I'm glad I don't need to download a bunch of little apps for a lot of websites that's really just browsing.

I travel a lot for work and the airline check on web is convenient well formatted and well thought out.

I'm sure a lot of the sites are annoyed at maintaining apps for browsing the web and can appreciate the savings they can have with a standards compliant site.

Feels like html5, the supposed answer for everything web based it seems for years now is maybe finally ready to take center stage.
    Timbre70, Dadstar0410 and raycpl like this.
    10-30-2016 01:55 AM
    we have come so far windows 10 mobile, so just hold on a little more as to what happens next.
    Guytronic, libra89 and 5amar31 like this.
    10-30-2016 07:30 AM
    nadella happened
    Nice one. Nadella seems not to give a **** about Mobile.

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 535.
    slivy58 likes this.
    10-30-2016 07:36 AM
    Interesting, I've returned to use the Lumia 650 and 640(bought it for wp8.1 upgraded to w10 since) also. I haven't used it Windows 10 for quite done time but find it to be really pleasant to use now. Amazon is a Web version based app without opening the actual browser, if you feel it needs improvement, leave feedback. Instagram has come a long way and as for Facebook, you have two choices now. Microsoft and Facebook have their own Facebook app so I'm sure you'll like whichever one.
    10-30-2016 08:17 AM
    Interesting, I've returned to use the Lumia 650 and 640(bought it for wp8.1 upgraded to w10 since) also. I haven't used it Windows 10 for quite done time but find it to be really pleasant to use now. Amazon is a Web version based app without opening the actual browser, if you feel it needs improvement, leave feedback. Instagram has come a long way and as for Facebook, you have two choices now. Microsoft and Facebook have their own Facebook app so I'm sure you'll like whichever one.
    What do you mean "you have two options for Facebook"? As far as I know you are forced to update to the Facebook Inc one.

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 535.
    10-30-2016 09:19 AM
    6Tag I find frustrating because it's very difficult to post a photo from camera roll or an album. Almost every time I pick the photo and it just resets to the camera. One in 50 attempts it actually holds onto the photo. Instagram is similar but it just crashes when trying to post a photo.

Microsoft's FB app is no longer available. If you still have it installed it will work so long as you don't have the FB version installed. If you uninstall the MS version you cannot install it again. Just says not available for your device.

The Facebook version is utter garbage. Totally unusable. Crash, hang, slow slow slow, crash, crash, crash. It doesn't sync contacts, doesn't do live tiles, and doesn't do live video. Oddly the desktop app they have done is far better. Fairly reliable, live tile support and does live video. Quite nice to use on a tablet.

Sent from mTalk
    Player Piano, libra89 and jasqid like this.
    10-30-2016 09:23 AM
    So i was away from windows mobile for few months got me a deal on a 640 xl so figured why not .
    I have to say it used to work apps and all but now i find app support gone nothing is working as it did ,basically went to the dogs ....pile of **** , like what happen with mobile support.
    You make a good point here. We have lost a lot of big apps in a short period of time. I was and still remain a WM faithful, but now carry two phones just to be prepared in case this situation continues to deteriorate.
    10-30-2016 12:31 PM
    Ah I never uninstalled the Microsoft fb app and use both of them. The only problem I have with the Microsoft one is that it occasionally doesn't update the newsfeed
    10-30-2016 01:02 PM
    we have come so far windows 10 mobile, so just hold on a little more as to what happens next.
    Not sure about the so far part if MS still cant get the basics down pat. As for holding on, suppose if retro is your thing you will stay put yet believe most live in todays world where they keep pace with technology, dont see WP being it.
    libra89, theefman and Dadstar0410 like this.
    10-30-2016 01:59 PM
    Just get 950 or 950xl or elitex3 or the new alcatel when it ll be released. W10 mobile is awesome but no on the 1ram devices! I have 950xl and the device just rocks!

Sent from Mars
    aximtreo and TgeekB like this.
    10-30-2016 02:38 PM
    Just get 950 or 950xl or elitex3 or the new alcatel when it ll be released. W10 mobile is awesome but no on the 1ram devices! I have 950xl and the device just rocks!

Sent from Mars
    Being that the 950 here in CAD starts at $550 plus taxes that is pretty steep price to pay for uncertainty, and there’s no guarantee that my experience will be anywhere near to yours’s due to WPs well documented inconsistencies, even on the BIG guns.

And what happened to “Windows doesn’t need the hardware compared to the competition becaue it'll run fine on "most", even those w/512KB ram”? Many stated those facts and it was all the rage not too long ago, amazing how that one fell through the cracks isn't it.
    libra89, EspHack and theefman like this.
    10-30-2016 03:00 PM
    Being that the 950 here in CAD starts at $550 plus taxes that is pretty steep price to pay for uncertainty.
    depending where you live, you can find some still practically brand new for $300...
    aximtreo and TgeekB like this.
    10-30-2016 03:10 PM
    I swear to gawd nadella is a double agent working for Apple LOL just the dumb decisions he's made against windows mobile and letting it fall to pieces like it is heading, I swear its done on purpose... its gotta be or he doesn't know WTF he's doing in the mobile dept. if MS or someone intelligent and knows what they're doing in the mobile dept. would be making MS BIG BUCKS if they just gave a sh!t about W10M and could actually see the direction it could be taken into! #1 get moving on hounding devs by giving incentives or profit % ontop of their money income from what the apps/games generate, just in the beginning to get all the big devs in their pocket. #2 start hounding the programmers to get continuum to fully be mature and start wowing people (and devs) to get people wanting W10M into it! #3 get that bloody Surface phone into the market and into the hands of us folks and I'm not talking about some cheap version like L950/XL is, but something substantial and premium like the Elite X3 (talking about hardware spec. wise) #4 get w10m fully polished and working flawless and stable like w8m WAS. then I can tell with 100% certainty that W10M will be the next big thing that everyone will want!

EDIT: oh, and if MS would advert. amazingly like they did with the SURFACE STUDIO and showcase what you can do with w10m and continuum, then deeyaaam, watch out!
    Last edited by beman39; 10-30-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    wgrs and aximtreo like this.
    10-30-2016 03:29 PM
    depending where you live, you can find some still practically brand new for $300...
    Yes but still too much in my opinion considering one could be latching onto to someone else's problem(s), it’s not only the software that has been inconsistent.
    10-30-2016 04:03 PM
    I swear to gawd nadella is a double agent working for Apple LOL just the dumb decisions he's made against windows mobile and letting it fall to pieces like it is heading, I swear its done on purpose... its gotta be or he doesn't know WTF he's doing in the mobile dept. if MS or someone intelligent and knows what they're doing in the mobile dept. would be making MS BIG BUCKS if they just gave a sh!t about W10M and could actually see the direction it could be taken into! #1 get moving on hounding devs by giving incentives or profit % ontop of their money income from what the apps/games generate, just in the beginning to get all the big devs in their pocket. #2 start hounding the programmers to get continuum to fully be mature and start wowing people (and devs) to get people wanting W10M into it! #3 get that bloody Surface phone into the market and into the hands of us folks and I'm not talking about some cheap version like L950/XL is, but something substantial and premium like the Elite X3 (talking about hardware spec. wise) #4 get w10m fully polished and working flawless and stable like w8m WAS. then I can tell with 100% certainty that W10M will be the next big thing that everyone will want!

EDIT: oh, and if MS would advert. amazingly like they did with the SURFACE STUDIO and showcase what you can do with w10m and continuum, then deeyaaam, watch out!
    Would be nice yet the damage has already been done, remember BlackBerry?
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    10-30-2016 04:05 PM
96 123 ...