Automatic time zone is 5400 miles off

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday we ended daylight saving time. I noticed that my 950 - 14393.321 didn't switch time, so I checked the settings, thinking that time was not set to adjust automatically.

It was, and the automatic time zone was set to Windhoek, Namibia, 8700 km from southern Sweden where I live. While both time zones are UTC+01:00 (which I'd like to call the same time zone), Namibia is in the southern hemisphere (where I've never been), so they enter daylight saving time in september.

I switched the automatical time zone off and on, and then I got the right one, but after a couple of hours it was back to Namibia. I've given feedback.

Any suggestions, besides using manual settings?

Last edited:

bgmate

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday we ended daylight saving time. I noticed that my 950 - 14393.321 didn't switch time, so I checked the settings, thinking that time was not set to adjust automatically.

It was, and the automatic time zone was set to Windhoek, Namibia, 8700 km from southern Sweden where I live. While both time zones are UTC+01:00 (which I'd like to call the same time zone), Namibia is in the southern hemisphere (where I've never been), so they enter daylight saving time in september.

I switched the automatical time zone off and on, and then I got the right one, but after a couple of hours it was back to Namibia. I've given feedback.

Any suggestions, besides using manual settings?

That's funny. Happened to me too. Also live in Sweden, using Telia (biggest carrier here)

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Today we entered daylight saving time, and the same thing happened again.

The phone was set to automatic time zone, I had forgotten about this issue, but this time it changed to the time zone for Western Central Africa (Västra centralafrika). :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea