Phone text message notifications not showing up on my laptop

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually went with the Honor 5x. I liked the design of it and the fingerprint sensor on the back. Unfortunately I've had to wait FOREVER for it to ship (I made the dumb mistake of ordering it on a Friday night, so it's only just coming in the mail today.)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I actually went with the Honor 5x. I liked the design of it and the fingerprint sensor on the back. Unfortunately I've had to wait FOREVER for it to ship (I made the dumb mistake of ordering it on a Friday night, so it's only just coming in the mail today.)

You should be able to get notifications from your phone to your laptop now .

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
you wont get sms unless your using the skype sms service, Cortana sms is disabled for now (receiving on PC) but they "might" bring it back at a later date!?

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, we finally discovered today why SMS no longer coming through on pc/laptop, they disabled it, nice of them to tell us!! so stupid to treat customers like this.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we finally discovered today why SMS no longer coming through on pc/laptop, they disabled it, nice of them to tell us!! so stupid to treat customers like this.
You know, that's the only reason I have Cortana on my Android Phone. This is just one more MS feature that I will not be using anymore. I don't understand them

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
You know, that's the only reason I have Cortana on my Android Phone. This is just one more MS feature that I will not be using anymore. I don't understand them
Don't even begin to fellow forum user, I had such a terrible time when I jumped from windows 7 to 8 then 8.1 and now windows 10 on the pc, so many features that finally worked on 8.0 no longer worked on 8.1, for example the system image backup was broken on 8.1, no users could create a system image to back up their devices, this issue went on and on for months, we found a fix ourselves but Microsoft offered us nothing. Its now working in windows 10. This process made me loose faith in Microsoft, I only bought the 950 as a hobby phone and glad I did as I see nothing has changed, still, I am curious to see where windows 10 mobile goes, a pocket device running x86 will happen but keeping the device cool enough is beyond the scope of todays technology, I wont be first to rush out and buy one though, as I suspect it will be a total mess for a year atleast.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't even begin to fellow forum user, I had such a terrible time when I jumped from windows 7 to 8 then 8.1 and now windows 10 on the pc, so many features that finally worked on 8.0 no longer worked on 8.1, for example the system image backup was broken on 8.1, no users could create a system image to back up their devices, this issue went on and on for months, we found a fix ourselves but Microsoft offered us nothing. Its now working in windows 10. This process made me loose faith in Microsoft, I only bought the 950 as a hobby phone and glad I did as I see nothing has changed, still, I am curious to see where windows 10 mobile goes, a pocket device running x86 will happen but keeping the device cool enough is beyond the scope of todays technology, I wont be first to rush out and buy one though, as I suspect it will be a total mess for a year atleast.
I can not imagine trying to run x86 programs on a little device that will end up getting hot and not be able to handle the processes. I don't see it working. My next laptop might just be a chrome book :)

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
The sad thing is... when the systems are working they work well, but its the unexpected bugs etc, for example having switched to skype for sms I was Unable to reply to texts!? Never in my life have I had this issue, 1 day after using skype sms I cant reply, now come on, texts are very basic!! lol.
today the skype sms service is working great, yesterday broken, tomorrow!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss