Phone text message notifications not showing up on my laptop

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been loving the text message notifications popping up on my laptop so I don't have to pull out my phone during class to text my wife back. However, in the past week or two I've noticed they haven't been showing up at all. I can still use Cortana on my laptop to text someone, but I can't reply specifically to a text because it doesn't show up.
For reference, these are my builds:
Laptop - 14393.351
Lumia 640 - 10.0.14393.351

It's just another really frustrating issue I'm having with the ever lacking Windows 10 Mobile front.
Also, I did check in the Cortana settings and the Action Center settings to make sure nothing was turned off or disabled and it all checks out. Any help???

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Having same issue as of the last week or so, Text messages no longer popping up on the laptop? ALL setting correct on phone and laptop. Very annoying,
laptop .351
phone .321

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking I'm just going to switch to Android. Especially after that interview with Terry Myerson where he basically said Windows Mobile is kind of dead as it is now. I'm hoping they eventually come up with some device like he talked about, but until then I want a phone OS that is shown some love.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Have to agree, also reading list does not sync for me either, kinda annoying when you get used to using the function then it simply quits on you, this platform is broken and I now regret my 950 purchase, well sort of, I got the phone cheap, love the camera but the integration with other devices should be a priority, syncing does not give reliable results. Not good enough for me, once this phone is finished its back to Android. Really had high hopes but tiny problem after tiny problem all add up in the end and you give up on it.
EDIT>> I think the .351 update on the laptop has effected this function, I think all was ok until .351.
also I can confirm this function (texts) are not coming through on both my laptops.

Last edited:

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone who uses android tell me how well notification syncing works? Also, is it all notifications or just texting? Just curious how it all works seeing as I'm looking into switching

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone who uses android tell me how well notification syncing works? Also, is it all notifications or just texting? Just curious how it all works seeing as I'm looking into switching

Notification syncing is working very well with my Moto G4 Plus - all notifications sync - app updates,messages, emails(both Outlook and Gmail), weather,traffic,battery etc.On the other hand, my Lumia 535 DS would sync nicely before but recently I find it isn't syncing.
Laptop 14393.351
Lumia 14393.321
Moto G4 Plus 6.0.1
Dismissing from one or marking 'Done'(for reminders) on one dismisses on other for Android but it never did so with Lumia ever before.

Last edited:

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Notification syncing is working very well with my Moto G4 Plus - all notifications sync - app updates,messages, emails(both Outlook and Gmail), weather,traffic,battery etc.On the other hand, my Lumia 535 DS would sync nicely before but recently I find it isn't syncing.
Laptop 14393.351
Lumia 14393.321
Moto G4 Plus 6.0.1
Dismissing from one or marking 'Done'(for reminders) on one dismisses on other for Android but it never did so with Lumia ever before.

How do you like your G4 Plus? I'm torn between that and the Honor 5x and the 5x has better user reviews but a lower critical review. Any thoughts?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
How do you like your G4 Plus? I'm torn between that and the Honor 5x and the 5x has better user reviews but a lower critical review. Any thoughts?

This is my first Android phone so I cannot compare it with any other.But since my needs are not much ,I am liking it.Some had reported ghost touch and heating issues which I have not experienced till now.BTW,I am using the 3GB one ( It is available in 2 and 3 GB versions in India).Of couse I miss the start screen and live tiles and week view in Outlook Calendar.The Moto G4Plus is fast and smooth and I like the Camera too.The battery life is also good for me on this phone . It is supposed to get the Nougat update this year.
I think you should ask someone with the Honor 5x for their experience also since I do not have much experience with Android and I am not really a heavy user.You also can check out the Android Central Forum for some more opinions about both phones.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
EDIT>> I think the .351 update on the laptop has effected this function, I think all was ok until .351.
also I can confirm this function (texts) are not coming through on both my laptops.

I do not remember exactly when but it was sometime in October that notifications on my Lumia stopped appearing on my laptop.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Consumer windows mobile is Dead everyone. Give up the ship. Not only is MS dropping it but so are devs. Just look at all the apps that are disappearing. MS is looking for a completely different strategy that isn't around consumer phones.

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Consumer windows mobile is Dead everyone. Give up the ship. Not only is MS dropping it but so are devs. Just look at all the apps that are disappearing. MS is looking for a completely different strategy that isn't around consumer phones.

This is why I just bought an Android. Haha. But it really is sad, there is so much wasted potential here.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Which one did you buy ?
Are your notifications from your Android showing on your laptop now ?
I went to the LG V10 earlier in the year. I switched from a Lumia Icon. I loved the Icon but.... I'm happy with the V10, LG has replaceable batteries and I just love the security of having a backup charged battery.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I went to the LG V10 earlier in the year. I switched from a Lumia Icon. I loved the Icon but.... I'm happy with the V10, LG has replaceable batteries and I just love the security of having a backup charged battery.

That's nice ! I too prefer replaceable batteries in phones.Unfortunately that is not there in my Moto G4 Plus.

I was actually asking cgluch as he/she was asking about phone notifications on laptop and deciding between Moto G4 plus and Honor 5x.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's nice ! I too prefer replaceable batteries in phones.Unfortunately that is not there in my Moto G4 Plus.

I was actually asking cgluch as he/she was asking about phone notifications on laptop and deciding between Moto G4 plus and Honor 5x.
Sorry for jumping in on the conversation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte