Blue Screen: BitLocker Recovery Key?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I see a couple of posts recently with this, I tried to enroll in Insider from 14393.221 and this showed up after the reboot...at first WDRT didn't recognize it, then I did a soft reset with it plugged in and it worked.

Should I expect this more frequently?

WP_20161104_05_55_50_Pro.jpg

Nurse Ratched

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me after update a few weeks ago. I read somewhere it has something to do with ?Device encryption? setting. I have it on off these days and I don?t have problems with that anymore.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me after update a few weeks ago. I read somewhere it has something to do with ‘Device encryption’ setting. I have it on off these days and I don’t have problems with that anymore.

You know, I have selected encryption lately ;) I'll keep that in mind

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
can you still use the phone?

Yes. When I first connected it to my PC with WDRT open, it did not recognize it, while connected I did a soft reset, (Vol Dn/PWR) and then it recognized it and I did a restore. I don't this there is a choice when this happens.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I had this happen on my tablet the other day. Had to look up the bitlocker key to boot back into it. It is part of the encryption, but I'm not exactly certain what triggers it. I believe it ties into several things secure boot/partitioning/bitlocker encryption.

Sent from mTalk

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I had this happen on my tablet the other day. Had to look up the bitlocker key to boot back into it. It is part of the encryption, but I'm not exactly certain what triggers it. I believe it ties into several things secure boot/partitioning/bitlocker encryption.

Sent from mTalk

But on the phone I can't see where there would be a way to enter a key had I looked for one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
But on the phone I can't see where there would be a way to enter a key had I looked for one.
My tablet has a USB c port and it supports otg. I hooked up my usb C to usb A otg cable with a hub, keyboard and mouse. This allowed me to make the entries...Not sure if you could with your phone, but next time it happens you could try if needed.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs