The OneDrive mobile app is really screwed up lately!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised that I am not reading about this problem all over the forum here.
For the past few weeks the OneDrive app in Windows 10 Mobile has been really messed up.
I open it and some folders are missing.
Then eventually as the day progresses I will open the app and it will show it as completely empty!

Of course if I go to OneDrive through the browser or on another device it is all there intact.

The temporary fix has been to log out within OneDrive then log back in.
Then the folders will all be there but not for long.
The folders start to disappear again.

This has been what I've had to do about a half dozen times per day lately.
And I also have to turn the camera upload back on each time I log out and back in, so that is a real drag.

I made sure I was updated to the latest preview build.
Then I did a reset.
Same thing.
Then I used the recovery tool to go to the official release.
Same thing.
I've also left the SD Card out during this and it is still happening.

So I'm back on preview build. Same thing.

When I go to the app store I see several recent complaints for the same exact problem.
But yet hardly a peep here on WC although there is one small thread in the OneDrive forum. :-/

I use OneDrive all day long for work. It's sucked so bad that this app is flawed at the moment.

I sent in a few feedbacks so I hope they get it fixed. OneDrive has been a really useful tool over the past year+ for me.

Sandra Milo

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I was just about to do a reset on my phone (950xl OS build 10.0.14393.448) but see that you tried that to no avail.
I too use it for work, and nearly panicked the first time I saw the 'folder is empty' message thinking that my boss had accidentally deleted all her account folders! I was out of the office and needed to email some documentation and was really, really unhappy.

Today, the supposedly empty folder is completely missing from the file list.

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. When I opened OneDrive app I only saw 'mobile uploads' and 'apps' folder. Strange thing was, I could search for a file I knew existed and it was found within the app. Try it! To fix it temporarily, I had to logout from my onedrive account and re-login to make it work again for a short time. This problem reappeared even after I did some hard resets and was reproducable for my Lumia 930, no insider-updates.
Then I used the WDRT because I had an issue that mail and calender tiles were not updating (see the other thread). Since then, my OneDrive worked fine again.
I was also wondering why nobody else reorted this issue before.
Try resetting with WDRT and DO NOT hard reset after you upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. It seems that a hard reset from within Win 10 broke the live tiles, and at least for me also the OneDrive folder appereance.

Even if Microsoft reduces development ressources for Windows 10 Mobile, basic functions like OneDrive app should work fine!

Arnie-75

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
EDIT: I even saved a screenshot when the problem appeared. It was 'mobile uploads' and 'music' folders:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20161103_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20161103_0001.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
To fix this: Go to OneDrive->settings->about->reset app.

I temporarily had this problem for awhile, now gone. Microsoft gave this solution, which I had to use a couple of time. I forget what changed, probably a new W10M build, but it's gone now.

I'm on a 640XL, Fast ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium