Overdrive Media no longer reconises the app

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi - has anyone else using Overdrive Media to read library books had trouble downloading epub books to the app? My local library has just switched to the 'new' overdrive layout, and when I browse from inside the app and try to download from my bookshelf I get a warning:
"Device Compatibility Notice, The OverDrive app is required for this format on your current device".

It was working fine until the new web layout was pushed out, and I can still open and read books when I browse using Edge, but I really like being able to read books offline. I have tried changing the limited number of settings, and reinstalling the app, etc, but no dice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I use this app more than any other.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Props to you for trying, I use OverDrive daily but I gave up on the app. I just use Edge to read books. I think it's ironic that this is a issue considering that on the landing page at the very bottom, it shows support for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.

When I click that link, it takes me to the app so I just don't understand. I wonder if something changed on the back end.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
This app worked great until I tried to use the new layout today. I get the same error message that my app apparently isn't recognized, I have not found a solution unfortunately.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
FYI, received this from OverDrive today (11/17). Have to say I'm pleased with their responsiveness and hope this resolves the issue.

Thank you for contacting OverDrive Support Services. We're sorry you are having trouble with the new OverDrive websites on your Windows Phone device. We have resolved this issue, and we are releasing the update to resolve this issue tomorrow (11/18/2016). Please try to access your library's digital collection website tomorrow (after 10:00 AM EDT).

If the issue has not been resolved for you, please reply to this email and let us know.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
FYI, received this from OverDrive today (11/17). Have to say I'm pleased with their responsiveness and hope this resolves the issue.

Thank you for contacting OverDrive Support Services. We're sorry you are having trouble with the new OverDrive websites on your Windows Phone device. We have resolved this issue, and we are releasing the update to resolve this issue tomorrow (11/18/2016). Please try to access your library's digital collection website tomorrow (after 10:00 AM EDT).

If the issue has not been resolved for you, please reply to this email and let us know.

Wow. That's good news.

I also had trouble downloading books, in fact could not, UNTIL TODAY! So we advance some.

Because I didn't see a new app download, maybe they fixed something on the backend.

And I saw the recent (xxxx971?) Fast Ring PC build will improve EPUB and PDF's. If that comes to Mobile, maybe that will help too. (I've had error messages saying my browser was incompatible, among other problems).

But the app is old and weary. I hope they come up with a UWP. Time tels....

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow. That's good news.

I also had trouble downloading books, until yesterday! Because I didn't see a new app download, maybe they fixed something on the backend.

And I saw the recent (xxxx971?) Fast Ring PC build will improve EPUB and PDF's. If that comes to Mobile, maybe that will help too. (I've had error messages saying my browser was incompatible, among other problems).

But the app is old and weary. I hope they come up with a UWP. Time tels....

If Overdrive does that, I would squeal. Edge is such a battery suck. I have gotten that message too, but I see no difference after I go past it.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I had given up on this working, but I tried just now and it does! Woot!

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I had given up on this working, but I tried just now and it does! Woot!

Working for me too, so I'm happy.

I still hope, wish, dream, they'll come up with a UWP app that is smoother..... and come to think of it, that Amazon issued a UWP app for Kindle on Windows 10 Mobile, since the WP 8 app has been withdrawn, leaving me with nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas