Unable to lock Personal apps like Whatsapp and Text Messages

connectjan

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Very disappointing that Microsoft neither provide apps to lock the personal apps like Whatsapp and Text Messages nor it is allowing 3rd party vendors to create such lock applications.

Most of the lock apps I downloaded from the windows store have gone waste as it can lock(Password protect) the apps only when opened from the start screen tiles but fails to lock or password protect when the same app is opened from the Apps list.

Why can't Microsoft create a app which will password protect all such apps that the user wish to password lock.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There has been plenty of discussion on this topic before.

1. Its not a priority. We tell people to just use the PIN

2. Allowing random apps to lock other apps securely introduces security concerns we rather not be there.

connectjan

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for reply.

It's very surprising to see such a reply to back Microsoft which is one of the Top Leader in providing the world class OS.

on your point 1 "use the PIN"...did you mean use PIN in the lock screen, if one of my friend ask my phone to take a snap and access my personal app say Whatsapp how do i avoid it?

On you point 2, if you feel allowing 3rd party apps to lock introduces security concerns, how do you think Android OS could do it without any complaints. Also, if the 3rd party app is a concern let Microsoft provide an inhouse app providing users to choose all such apps which needs to be password protected when opened.

Are you saying "Microsoft is incapable to do this"?.... I am a huge fan of Microsoft and can't take this at all. Wake up Microsoft...Time to Compete.

connectjan

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for reply.

It's very surprising to see such a reply to back Microsoft which is one of the Top Leader in providing the world class OS.

on your point 1 "use the PIN"...did you mean use PIN in the lock screen, if one of my friend ask my phone to take a snap and access my personal app say Whatsapp how do i avoid it?

On you point 2, if you feel allowing 3rd party apps to lock introduces security concerns, how do you think Android OS could do it without any complaints. Also, if the 3rd party app is a concern let Microsoft provide an inhouse app providing users to choose all such apps which needs to be password protected when opened.

Are you saying "Microsoft is incapable to do this"?.... I am a huge fan of Microsoft and can't take this at all. Wake up Microsoft...Time to Compete.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
the Apps Corner is how W10M deals with security for apps.

if you want to hand over your phone to a friend, you click into Apps Corner and you do not put apps which you would not want someone else to use.

the Apps Corner still has a lot a flaws in my eyes but from what you are stating, it seems that the Apps Corner is you only option at this time.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Also, Android DOES have security conplaints. It isn't perfect either. I guess the ideal security would be the actual apo implementing encryption and requesting a password to deactivate it. I've seen some apps do something like that, but of course it all depends on the app developer. Meanwhile the Apps Corner might help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross