Outlook Mail & Calendar App Storage

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My wife came to me, stating that an update won't install because she doesn't have enough storage. After checking the phone, the storage states that Mail and Calendar are using nearly 2 gigabytes! I've tried removing the only email account she has but it won't free up the storage. You can't uninstall the app, so I'm a bit stuck in what to do. My phone only shows this using a few hundred megabytes. Any idea?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Tried that. I even removed the email account but the storage amount stayed the same. I suggest that the only way I know would be to reset it and the answer I got was... "Noooooooo"

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Tried that. I even removed the email account but the storage amount stayed the same. I suggest that the only way I know would be to reset it and the answer I got was... "Noooooooo"
There is only one way:
1.Backup your data.
2. Format Sd card
3. HARD Reset your phone.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
She removed some apps, so she could get enough room to do the update and then put them back, but Mail and Calendar is still using 1.6 gb.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The high space usage by mail was a bug seen in one of the previous updates, it affected how mail app worked. So far the only solution I could see working was a factory reset

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Old thread, but new problem for me as well. Mail and Calendar added about 1GB in the last day or two, however Mail and messaging claims only 80.5 MB. The latter location seems to be the one associated with the sync settings.

Question- has anyone tried the Reset option within the Advance Options of the app itself? It says if this app ins't working right, reset it. The app's data will be deleted. In my case however, the reset button is grayed out and unresponsive. I guess I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Outlook Mail & Calendar App Storage

Old thread, but new problem for me as well. Mail and Calendar added about 1GB in the last day or two, however Mail and messaging claims only 80.5 MB. The latter location seems to be the one associated with the sync settings.

Question- has anyone tried the Reset option within the Advance Options of the app itself? It says if this app ins't working right, reset it. The app's data will be deleted. In my case however, the reset button is grayed out and unresponsive. I guess I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
The only solution, as far as I know, is a hard reset: App reset is not available and the app cannot be uninstalled

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234