My wife came to me, stating that an update won't install because she doesn't have enough storage. After checking the phone, the storage states that Mail and Calendar are using nearly 2 gigabytes! I've tried removing the only email account she has but it won't free up the storage. You can't uninstall the app, so I'm a bit stuck in what to do. My phone only shows this using a few hundred megabytes. Any idea?
    11-19-2016 06:13 AM
    Try to change the Sync Settings of your Outlook account.
    11-19-2016 09:58 AM
    Tried that. I even removed the email account but the storage amount stayed the same. I suggest that the only way I know would be to reset it and the answer I got was... "Noooooooo"
    11-19-2016 11:35 AM
    Tried that. I even removed the email account but the storage amount stayed the same. I suggest that the only way I know would be to reset it and the answer I got was... "Noooooooo"
    There is only one way:
    1.Backup your data.
    2. Format Sd card
    3. HARD Reset your phone.
    11-19-2016 11:48 AM
    She removed some apps, so she could get enough room to do the update and then put them back, but Mail and Calendar is still using 1.6 gb.
    11-20-2016 11:04 AM
    The high space usage by mail was a bug seen in one of the previous updates, it affected how mail app worked. So far the only solution I could see working was a factory reset
    11-21-2016 04:21 AM
    Old thread, but new problem for me as well. Mail and Calendar added about 1GB in the last day or two, however Mail and messaging claims only 80.5 MB. The latter location seems to be the one associated with the sync settings.

Question- has anyone tried the Reset option within the Advance Options of the app itself? It says if this app ins't working right, reset it. The app's data will be deleted. In my case however, the reset button is grayed out and unresponsive. I guess I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    05-21-2017 06:36 AM
    Old thread, but new problem for me as well. Mail and Calendar added about 1GB in the last day or two, however Mail and messaging claims only 80.5 MB. The latter location seems to be the one associated with the sync settings.

Question- has anyone tried the Reset option within the Advance Options of the app itself? It says if this app ins't working right, reset it. The app's data will be deleted. In my case however, the reset button is grayed out and unresponsive. I guess I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    The only solution, as far as I know, is a hard reset: App reset is not available and the app cannot be uninstalled
    05-21-2017 07:08 AM