Waze keeps crashing, uninstall, and now I can't install it?

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Any ideas how to get Waze to install I keep getting the 80070003 error when trying to install Waze. That is the last straw keeping me from going Android. Without Waze, the platform is pretty much useless. Unless you know of a way to get the default map app to let you pick between various routes based on traffic maps?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
The truth is Waze in Windows mobile is pretty outdated. Since Google bought them, it stopped updating on Windows (because Google has been boycotting Windows since ages ago, that's why there are no official google apps (but plenty of third party ones)).

But the default maps app does let you pick between different routes and gives you traffic estimates, time estimates and distances. When you tell it to give you directions to a place it gives you the list where you can pick the route you like the most, so it definitely does what you want apparently.

There is also "gMaps" which uses google's maps, if you insist.

Due to Waze being so outdated I haven't tried it recently... so I couldn't tell if it is working for me (though it was pretty buggy).

Now, you saying it is "pretty much useless" seems you only use your phone for the maps and navigation (which Windows does have)... I wonder if you are another of those trolls.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Waze still works for me, on 8.1.
Says it is release 3.7.4.5, and I'm sure it doesn't have all the frills that Android/Apple has. But I also prefer it to other free navigation apps.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Waze still works for me on W10 Mobile. Voice navigation has been broken in Waze for a long time, and will never come back unless Google opts to update the app (haha fat chance).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here, Waze works fine on 950XL. No voice navigation, but other than that I don't think I've seen a single bug. It actually keeps running in the background, which my other trusty nav app (Garmin StreetPilot) can't seem to manage most of the time.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Waze is no longer supported on the platform. There are other options that actually work. The best solution is to move on as it will never be updated again, and I'm sure at some point not be able to connect to the servers anymore. Hopefully sooner than later.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Waze works fine for me, even occasionally gets updates. It's true, after Google bought Waze, they announced no more support , but it keeps chugging along.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What phone and OS version are you using? On my 950 with 15063.2 I see a blank map and get an error whenever I enter an address that says, "Uh-oh! Can't find a road near destination point."

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720