Skype Preview Mute Message Option

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Using my L640 I switched over to the Skype Preview for all my messages, obviously including SMS. One function I made use of on the MS Messaging was the mute message option, so that certain threads would notify and others did not. On the Skype Preview I am not seeing this option at all and just wondered if it was possible in anyway?
I can hide conversation (found it a pain to unhide it I may add) would this mute the conversation, but when a new message arrives show the thread or new message without the notification going off?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they've added this feature yet. It would be under "View profile" in the three dots menu at the top (that's where it is for Skype conversations). Seems like they still have to add it for SMS.
Hiding is like deleting, except it doesn't actually delete (hidden until you recreate the thread). Honestly I don't really understand the purpose of the Hide option, other than it taking it off the main screen of the app.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yes you can, on any skype client, on UWP preview all you have to do is open their profile and at the bottom there is a switch for "notifications" turn that off and you wont get notified of anything related to that contact unless you go to the recent page

if on any other skype client and don't know how, use /alertsoff

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
yes you can, on any skype client, on UWP preview all you have to do is open their profile and at the bottom there is a switch for "notifications" turn that off and you wont get notified of anything related to that contact unless you go to the recent page

if on any other skype client and don't know how, use /alertsoff
That option is missing for SMS threads right now. It works for Skype threads but there's no switch for SMS contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss