Facebook App doesn't work.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
All Facebook's attempts are utter garbage. Crash, lag, crash, crash, crash, lag, lag. It's pure unusable. And it's stupidly big. 200mb or something!

Oddly their 'desktop' app is actually pretty good. I use it a lot on my Win 10 tablet as it's nicely touch friendly.

Instagram on the other hand works reasonably. Key I have found with that, and a number of other apps that crash a lot, is to install the app on the phone memory. Facebook's apps however still crash all the time in phone memory. Also it fails to move to phone memory from SD, so have to uninstall, set default app storage to phone, install it, then reset default app storage to SD (as my 640 doesn't have enough space in phone memory for many apps).

Annoyingly Microsoft's own Facebook app was way better, at least in reliability. It worked, it didn't crash all the time (just some times), was useable, it synced contacts and calendars, had notifications and live tile. Okay it lacked modern features, but was useable. The mobile web site generally works but can be clunky at times and uploading photos and videos is very hit and miss.

Oh, and latest FB app now requires 2GB phone ram!

Microsoft should just ban the bloody app.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
All Facebook's attempts are utter garbage. Crash, lag, crash, crash, crash, lag, lag. It's pure unusable. And it's stupidly big. 200mb or something!

Oddly their 'desktop' app is actually pretty good. I use it a lot on my Win 10 tablet as it's nicely touch friendly.

Instagram on the other hand works reasonably. Key I have found with that, and a number of other apps that crash a lot, is to install the app on the phone memory. Facebook's apps however still crash all the time in phone memory. Also it fails to move to phone memory from SD, so have to uninstall, set default app storage to phone, install it, then reset default app storage to SD (as my 640 doesn't have enough space in phone memory for many apps).

Annoyingly Microsoft's own Facebook app was way better, at least in reliability. It worked, it didn't crash all the time (just some times), was useable, it synced contacts and calendars, had notifications and live tile. Okay it lacked modern features, but was useable. The mobile web site generally works but can be clunky at times and uploading photos and videos is very hit and miss.

Oh, and latest FB app now requires 2GB phone ram!

Microsoft should just ban the bloody app.

Its all just going down hill 😡😡

stjeffy86

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I also find the Facebook app to be woefully lacking when compared to there other options on Android or IOS. Has anyone else had any issues with Videos in your timeline not Auto Playing? It is one of my favorite features when I can watch the video automatically without sound and choose if I want to open it. I see the option for Auto Play in settings but it has never worked for me on my Lumia 950 using the Fast Ring builds.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I also find the Facebook app to be woefully lacking when compared to there other options on Android or IOS. Has anyone else had any issues with Videos in your timeline not Auto Playing? It is one of my favorite features when I can watch the video automatically without sound and choose if I want to open it. I see the option for Auto Play in settings but it has never worked for me on my Lumia 950 using the Fast Ring builds.

I would love to have a video play on Facebook without the crash. Its so peeving me off!!!

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Facebook app gets updated every 2 months.. Damn! They are very slow in developing this damn app.. Instagram is way better tho because it gets updates very fast and features are on par with other platforms 👍

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you finally get the Sony Xperia, wonder how that would with your djing,

No haven't gotten it yet I just don't wanna leave windows phone but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a loyalty to windows phone and I don't wanna seem like a hypocrite when I have called out windows phone bashers in the past but I have been a windows phone user and supporter for 5 years and its just getting worse.

I mean like my L640XL wasn't cheap it was 369 euro and to hear that my phone isn't being supported by the Facebook app as my 369 euro phone only has 1GB ram and the app only supports minimum 2GB ram is outrageous!!

I mean Snapchat I have gone beyond caring but a simple functioning Facebook app is a step too far for me.

leandrodp2016

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I see, that's a lot of money. However you only owe loyalty to yourself, if the device isn't working for you, and doesn't suit your needs, you should feel free to move on. As I've read before regarding these matters, life is too short to deal with an unsatifying piece of technology. So if you can afford it, don't be sad to jump ship and embrace the new possibilities!

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Apps is working fine in Lumia 950 but apps is crashing in Lumia 640xl. It's happening only because of insufficient RAM. FB apps will work fine with at least 2GB RAM. U can check it also in store-fb apps- system requirements

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I see, that's a lot of money. However you only owe loyalty to yourself, if the device isn't working for you, and doesn't suit your needs, you should feel free to move on. As I've read before regarding these matters, life is too short to deal with an unsatifying piece of technology. So if you can afford it, don't be sad to jump ship and embrace the new possibilities!

Wow that's deep. I shall bare that in mind. Its a good philosophy ☺

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Apps is working fine in Lumia 950 but apps is crashing in Lumia 640xl. It's happening only because of insufficient RAM. FB apps will work fine with at least 2GB RAM. U can check it also in store-fb apps- system requirements
Anyone have a Alcatel touch fierce xl? It has the minimum 2gb of ram how does it perform on there just curious... The app runs great on my idol 4s

Sent from Idol 4S

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have done it. As from now on ill be an Android phone user. So sad to say goodbye to windows phone. I'll be on here though to offer advise and that. I won't be bashing Windows or Microsoft but its a sad goodbye 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Attachments

• sony-xperia-m5-1.jpg
    sony-xperia-m5-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 33

grael25

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 830 and the application does not start correctly, I must start it up to 3 times. I use the Beta version since the normal one asks me minimum of 2GB of RAM

leandrodp2016

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I have done it. As from now on ill be an Android phone user. So sad to say goodbye to windows phone. I'll be on here though to offer advise and that. I won't be bashing Windows or Microsoft but its a sad goodbye

Congratulations!!! I'm glad for you. Can't wait for your review on the device !

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Concerning my fb app, I did a recovery update of the phone and the old msft fb app was installed. Then I just upgraded the phone without downloading the new app. The old one ask once for an upgrade, but since it is not the same app, it doesn't show in the store update list.
Using the website for advanced option.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am regretting switching to the M5 I have a serious storage issue and the battery life is rubbish!! Seriously thinking coming back to my L640XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss