03-21-2017 05:58 AM
48 12
tools
    Keeps crashing and when I try and post a pic or video it crashes.
    Its installed on the phone storage and still no joy.

ire ๐Ÿ˜ข
    11-29-2016 02:59 PM
    Keeps crashing and when I try and post a pic or video it crashes.
    Its installed on the phone storage and still no joy.

ire ๐Ÿ˜ข

You must using facebook beta.. Beta face better than normal face app.. I know this: Facebook is beta... But nevermind.. Believe me :)

And "soft reset-restart" fix the app problems generally..

Thanks and sorry for my badly English. I think you understad me :)
    djeire84 likes this.
    11-29-2016 03:15 PM
    Works fine for me

Sent from mTalk
    djeire84 and abhishek singh21 like this.
    11-29-2016 06:52 PM
    You must using facebook beta.. Beta face better than normal face app.. I know this: Facebook is beta... But nevermind.. Believe me :)

And "soft reset-restart" fix the app problems generally..

Thanks and sorry for my badly English. I think you understad me :)

Thanks for the great advise. I have tried all these and nothing works ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
    11-30-2016 07:08 PM
    Works fine for me

Sent from mTalk

Im using the official version of windows phone 10 and its shockingly bad ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
    11-30-2016 07:09 PM
    working fine on my 730. Have you tried reinstalling the app?
    12-01-2016 09:04 AM
    Try to uninstall the app, soft reset your phone and reinstall the app again. If it doesn't improve probably you have a 1Gb ram phone and there isn't much you can do about it because the official Facebook app is a port from ios and is badly optimized.

Sent from mTalk
    12-01-2016 11:36 AM
    working fine on my 730. Have you tried reinstalling the app?
    Really? The official Facebook app works fine on your phone without lag and crashes?

Sent from mTalk
    12-01-2016 11:39 AM
    App is a train wreck. Try the mobile website instead.
    12-01-2016 11:39 AM
    App is a train wreck. Try the mobile website instead.
    Mobile doesn't allow video uploads. She'd have to go to desktop mode for the full Facebook site and upload it from there
    12-01-2016 01:06 PM
    Mobile doesn't allow video uploads. She'd have to go to desktop mode for the full Facebook site and upload it from there
    I just tested video upload in mobile version and it works.

Sent from mTalk
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    12-01-2016 01:20 PM
    All three osmeta ports - Facebook, Messenger and Instagram I found work better after a hard reset after every o/s update and run on a clean phone without restore (except text messages)..

However that is just my personal experience with my L930.

I just tested video upload in mobile version and it works.

Sent from mTalk
    I concur, videos via mobile website does work however it depends heavily on your internet connection speed be it WiFi or Cellular.
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    12-01-2016 02:03 PM
    Really? The official Facebook app works fine on your phone without lag and crashes?

Sent from mTalk
    overall navigation lag is present but i barely experience any unexpected crash . I am a light user btw.
    12-01-2016 09:40 PM
    The app has been a train wreck for some time. There's been a facebook app for how many years now and we still cannot edit our profile information from it? Ridiculous.
    12-07-2016 12:09 PM
    For those who have trouble with the Facebook app, you can try using Slim Social for Facebook.
    It's basically a web wrapper but it works and does not crash and is about 100% faster.

It may be a 3rd party app but Windows Mobile has always thrived with 3rd party alternatives like 6tag etc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    12-07-2016 01:01 PM
    For those who have trouble with the Facebook app, you can try using Slim Social for Facebook.
    It's basically a web wrapper but it works and does not crash and is about 100% faster.

It may be a 3rd party app but Windows Mobile has always thrived with 3rd party alternatives like 6tag etc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    It does not have notification and people hub integration neither, the main reason I use the facebook app.

Sent from mTalk
    12-07-2016 01:06 PM
    Ya its actually appalling so bad it should be taken down and fixed. I have installed it, uninstalled it reinstalled it, soft reset, moved it to sd, installed to device and hard reset the phone. Ya I don't care Snapchat isn't in our platform but no working Facebook app is just an insult to us who pay over 300 euro, dollar and pound for our windows phone!!!!!
    12-07-2016 05:06 PM
    Never thought id say this but im thinking of jumping ship. The Sony Xperia X is a gorgeous phone I just don't want to turn into one of those Windows Phone haters. I have defended the OS as much as I can but this is maybe the final straw ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
    12-07-2016 05:09 PM
    you should try Facebook beta because facebook app is very very bad, and it has a lot of lag and crashes.
    12-07-2016 05:24 PM
    you should try Facebook beta because facebook app is very very bad, and it has a lot of lag and crashes.

I'll try it now. โ˜บ
    12-07-2016 05:48 PM

No its the same crashed three times thanks for the tip anyway. โ˜บ
    12-07-2016 05:55 PM
    All Facebook's attempts are utter garbage. Crash, lag, crash, crash, crash, lag, lag. It's pure unusable. And it's stupidly big. 200mb or something!

Oddly their 'desktop' app is actually pretty good. I use it a lot on my Win 10 tablet as it's nicely touch friendly.

Instagram on the other hand works reasonably. Key I have found with that, and a number of other apps that crash a lot, is to install the app on the phone memory. Facebook's apps however still crash all the time in phone memory. Also it fails to move to phone memory from SD, so have to uninstall, set default app storage to phone, install it, then reset default app storage to SD (as my 640 doesn't have enough space in phone memory for many apps).

Annoyingly Microsoft's own Facebook app was way better, at least in reliability. It worked, it didn't crash all the time (just some times), was useable, it synced contacts and calendars, had notifications and live tile. Okay it lacked modern features, but was useable. The mobile web site generally works but can be clunky at times and uploading photos and videos is very hit and miss.

Oh, and latest FB app now requires 2GB phone ram!

Microsoft should just ban the bloody app.
    12-08-2016 01:36 PM
    All Facebook's attempts are utter garbage. Crash, lag, crash, crash, crash, lag, lag. It's pure unusable. And it's stupidly big. 200mb or something!

Oddly their 'desktop' app is actually pretty good. I use it a lot on my Win 10 tablet as it's nicely touch friendly.

Instagram on the other hand works reasonably. Key I have found with that, and a number of other apps that crash a lot, is to install the app on the phone memory. Facebook's apps however still crash all the time in phone memory. Also it fails to move to phone memory from SD, so have to uninstall, set default app storage to phone, install it, then reset default app storage to SD (as my 640 doesn't have enough space in phone memory for many apps).

Annoyingly Microsoft's own Facebook app was way better, at least in reliability. It worked, it didn't crash all the time (just some times), was useable, it synced contacts and calendars, had notifications and live tile. Okay it lacked modern features, but was useable. The mobile web site generally works but can be clunky at times and uploading photos and videos is very hit and miss.

Oh, and latest FB app now requires 2GB phone ram!

Microsoft should just ban the bloody app.

Its all just going down hill ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
    12-08-2016 03:15 PM
    I also find the Facebook app to be woefully lacking when compared to there other options on Android or IOS. Has anyone else had any issues with Videos in your timeline not Auto Playing? It is one of my favorite features when I can watch the video automatically without sound and choose if I want to open it. I see the option for Auto Play in settings but it has never worked for me on my Lumia 950 using the Fast Ring builds.
    djeire84 likes this.
    12-12-2016 12:20 PM
    I also find the Facebook app to be woefully lacking when compared to there other options on Android or IOS. Has anyone else had any issues with Videos in your timeline not Auto Playing? It is one of my favorite features when I can watch the video automatically without sound and choose if I want to open it. I see the option for Auto Play in settings but it has never worked for me on my Lumia 950 using the Fast Ring builds.

I would love to have a video play on Facebook without the crash. Its so peeving me off!!!
    12-21-2016 03:46 PM
48 12