Lumia 650 - How to enable VoLTE?

agriz

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have a lumia 650.
My service provider is only supporting 4g phones. I have the sim and i can use the 4g data.
I am not able to make calls.

Service provider is providing apps for android and iphone and it is obvious they are the two big companies ruling the phone market.
Now, I dont have the apps from the service provider and if i call the customer care, they told me that if your phone has volte support, then you dont need any apps.

I believe my phone has volte support. Now how do i enable volte?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have a lumia 650.
My service provider is only supporting 4g phones. I have the sim and i can use the 4g data.
I am not able to make calls.

Service provider is providing apps for android and iphone and it is obvious they are the two big companies ruling the phone market.
Now, I dont have the apps from the service provider and if i call the customer care, they told me that if your phone has volte support, then you dont need any apps.

I believe my phone has volte support. Now how do i enable volte?

refer to this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440518-does-lumia-650-dual-sim-support-volte.html

agriz

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
That thread is not much useful. I have already referred that.

"The 650 does support LTE up to 150Mbps or CAT 4, but VoLTE service is only enabled by specific operators in combination with specific operator variants" - Reply from Microsoft

What do they mean by that reply?
Can i enable VoLTE or not?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile, for example, has VoLTE but the phone has to be whitelisted to work with their system. That's the gist of the response Microsoft gave you. You need to contact your carrier.

agriz

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I should not have asked here. Official Microsoft is not ready to support. What can you do?

Thousands of Microsoft against Millions of Android and iphone.
Whom will the service provider support? Fools will say Microsoft and in real, everyone will target android and ios.
Service provider has given technical details. All i need is a simple app from Microsoft. Android and iPhone has such an app.

Lets forget. That is what microsoft is. Hope they will survive in mobile market. :)

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I am assuming that you are referring to Reliance Jio in India. In any case, Microsoft has to push out an update to our phones to enable Volte support, until then we can only use data and no calls. The operator wont be able to do anything in this case.

agriz

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes. You are right. I am referring Jio. I asked Microsoft and they are not providing any positive reply. They are forcing us to contact jio

madhi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The pathetic situation is that microsoft had to push a firmware update, but doesn't commit on one. Hope there is a way to convince microsoft to enable volte via firmware. Microsoft india has declared indian phones don't support volte.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss