Mobile encryption

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Device encryption helps to make local device data unreadable for anyone who attempts to access it without authorization. The primary reason Microsoft is adding this feature is to protect your confidential data if your device is lost or stolen. Using the encryption feature only the person with the right encryption key (your password) can make files and folders readable.

Source and more info: http://m.windowscentral.com/how-enable-device-encryption-windows-10-mobile

Sent from mTalk

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, possibly. Firstly, the phone encryption system is Bitlocker. MS claims that a Bitlocker-to-go encrypted drive (or SD card), whilst such can only be made on a Pro or Enterprise edition of Windows, can be decrypted on any Windows SKU. Whilst I can confirm this is true for most Windows devices, my 930 does not have an SD slot so I cannot test on the phone. It may be that MS was not thinking about Mobile when they committed the rules to writing (surprise...). If so, look to file level encryption. Is there a file compression app for the phone that can handle encrypted archives? If so, that's often an excellent form of encryption.

acicrox

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
The device do not recognize sd cards if encrypted (I tried with BitLocker). Let's see if they implement soon this feature

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont think so.. I turn the settings on and have an SD Card in my phone and the phone reads and write into the SD Card without issue... But when I try to use a Card reader with my SD Card its always tells me that my SD Card is write protected. So I believe the option also encrypts the data in the SD Card too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon