My phone bluescreend and now is totally dead

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
hi I need help

I decided to roll back to the previous build for windows 10 mobile on my lumia 640 which need me to roll back to windows 8.1 After downloading the windows 10 update it began to install, after it was almost finsihed it bluescreend on me and became stuck in a bootloop. Hooking it up to WDRT again i got it into flash mode. while flashing the phone dissconnected itself. it did this a few times and now it' not turning on at all. WDRT sometimes still detects my phone and wants to do a 2,93 MB ''emerency flash'' but this doesn't work either.

please help me. :(

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
hi I need help

I decided to roll back to the previous build for windows 10 mobile on my lumia 640 which need me to roll back to windows 8.1 After downloading the windows 10 update it began to install, after it was almost finsihed it bluescreend on me and became stuck in a bootloop. Hooking it up to WDRT again i got it into flash mode. while flashing the phone dissconnected itself. it did this a few times and now it' not turning on at all. WDRT sometimes still detects my phone and wants to do a 2,93 MB ''emerency flash'' but this doesn't work either.

please help me. :(
DAYUM !!! I've got no help for you, arjan, but to tell you that everyone on Insider Builds now is stuck on them until MS comes out with a new regular release. So going back to 8.1 ain't gonna happen. I'm sorry, that's all I got.

Someone will catchup to ya though with a POST TITLE like your's.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
, but to tell you that everyone on Insider Builds now is stuck on them until MS comes out with a new regular release. So going back to 8.1 ain't gonna happen. I'm sorry, that's all I got.

I was on insider build because i had a problem with the headphonejack. i wanted to make sure that's was not an software issue :) I didn't feel like doing a reset.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was on insider build because i had a problem with the headphonejack. i wanted to make sure that's was not an software issue :) I didn't feel like doing a reset.
You should have done the reset. :shocked:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Yes only an :( but now it doesn't show anything (doesn't turn on and vibrate) because bootloader is corrupted. Shows up as QHsusb-bulk

As far as I'm aware, you've bricked your phone. I also had this issue show up on my Lumia 950, and I had to send it back to Microsoft. Even they couldn't fix it and instead sent me out a brand new device.

There's no way to recover from the sadface as of right now. Sorry to tell you. Were you messing with Secure Boot policies by any chance?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, you've bricked your phone. I also had this issue show up on my Lumia 950, and I had to send it back to Microsoft. Even they couldn't fix it and instead sent me out a brand new device.

There's no way to recover from the sadface as of right now. Sorry to tell you. Were you messing with Secure Boot policies by any chance?

No I didn't. I downgraded the os from W10 beta to 8.1 this went fine. Then i upgraded once again to windows 10 mobile. when the upgrade was almost finished it bluescreend. and then became stuck in a bootloop. I tried to Recover with WDRT but the phone dissconected itself during flashing. it did this 3 times then it was over

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't think this will fix the problem but it won't make it worse either.

Hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds and see if the phone responds. If so, give it a go with the update. If not, I go with Zac's suggestion of sending it to MS for repair or replacement.

Good luck.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this will fix the problem but it won't make it worse either.

Hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds and see if the phone responds. If so, give it a go with the update. If not, I go with Zac's suggestion of sending it to MS for repair or replacement.

Good luck.

Sending it to MS won't work, even it's stil under warranty. B2X handels repairs now and I've had very bad exprerience with them recently over an warranty repair of my headphonejack. I ended up paying for a repair with an local repairman. What makes it sour is that the phone broke down in less than a week after I got it back :( I don't think the repair of the headphonejack has anything to do with it. But I contacted the repair guy again and he is willing to take a look in the weekend for no extra charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte