Will W10/W10 mobile ever have sms?

Gavin Geleta

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum :)

I have owned a Lumia 950 for 10months about , went from a android to W10 phone for the simple fact they really pushed all intergraded across platforms. I really enjoy my phone for what it is OS is nice Camera is spectacular , even the lack of apps isn't a big deal breaker.

However over the span of 10months the one thing I loved about my android phone is the sms through computer, its so convenient to text/reply through your pc. And I was shocked when I found I couldn't use this feature. I went and tried over and over looking for apps like messanger and even skype to solve this issue but there hasn't been anything that can do this as I know.

Does anyone know if you can or if its coming ? I'm not sure if being Canadian if I get the current windows builds has anything to do with it ,cause people have said sms with Cortana works, and it never really did for me.

If anyone has answers would greatly be appreciated.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Download Skype Preview on you phone & PC (Windows 10).

Or just wait, the features should be pushed from Skype Preview to the regular Skype soon.

Gavin Geleta

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Download Skype Preview on you phone & PC (Windows 10).

Or just wait, the features should be pushed from Skype Preview to the regular Skype soon.

Ive tried skype , I could send sms messages but couldn't receive them from what I know, but thx ill look into the preview skype.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
has to be skype PREVIEW APP not the skype program, and all settings correct with skype preview on the phone and skype preview on the laptop, this is a common oversight, Cortana sms "Might" be coming back at a later date and MS quietly disabled the function.
Skype Preview

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I thought this had been available since the Anniversary Update (Redstone 1) was released. I think though that you need to enable Cortana, I'm not using it and it's not available for me as a result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion