Should I switch back to Windows 10 Mobile or stick with Android for the time being?

LittleOsorio

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
In a few months, I plan to purchase a new phone. I was wondering if I should get a Lumia 650 or buy another Android phone (most likely the Alcatel Idol 4). What do you think and why?

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Android Nougat has beaten Windows 10 mobile in fluidity, and most of android OEM are becoming faithful in rolling out updates to their devices. That is you can buy a Marshmallow running device and get the upgrade to Nougat. These where the two things that brought me to Windows the fluidity(which I never experienced) and the system upgrade. But since microsoft is not supporting its mobile platform as it used to be we are no longer promised tomorrow. So I bet you should stick with Android cos I might be joining you soon.

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I was fire & flame for Windows 8.1 for phones, used a Lumia 830, then a Lumia 640. In the Windows mobile bubble I didn't feel the need for apps outside of WinMo.
What made the platform preferable from my pov?
- fast system on minor hardware
- offering an outstanding battery life
- security and feature updates guaranteed and in time
- suitable user interface

Then, Win 10 happened and all the advantages except for the updates thing were null.
Fortunately, I already had jumped over to Android, after the crying lack of confidence in their own mobile platform over at Microsoft had pierced my marrow and bone.
Well, I retained my 640, and from time to time I switch it on, install the latest production update, make a total reset and gape at the messy condition Windows Mobile (or what ever it is called at the moment) is in.

In my view, the system (at least on my Lumia) is nowhere near consumer ready. And what's even worse: it simply hasn't improved even after an entire year since release.
But that's my personal opinion.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Sticking with Android here and I wish I didn't have to. Lol I prefer Windows Mobile all day long even though I'm now using what I would consider the best smart phone on the market in a Galaxy S7 Edge. Held out as long as I could but when apps that I now use on a daily basis just weren't there, I made the switch. Maybe next year will bring a change with the surface phone but I'm not going to hold my breath.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If you are willing to put up w/WMs shortcoming then go for it, otherwise I'd think Android is your better choice. Had the 650 for a brief period but a hardware issue had me return it, overall it impressed me yet it's not what we'd consider the speediest nor the most fluid and put the blame squarely on the OS for the majority of that.

Last edited:

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Stick to Android with all your forces. Or take a shot with an iPhone.

WM is still in beta form. Incredibly unreliable!

I've lost all my last 2-3 months notes due to the One Note app not syncing them!

Besides all that, I have a random reboots issue (tested with 2 different batteries) that remains unsolved even after a fresh new install of the official software version.

Stay away for a WM phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In a few months, I plan to purchase a new phone. I was wondering if I should get a Lumia 650 or buy another Android phone (most likely the Alcatel Idol 4). What do you think and why?
Well since nobody's bothered to help this person and just offer up an opinion, let me be the one who asks the obvious question. Why are you in the market for a new phone? Is your current Android not satisfactory? Are you just curious about Windows as a mobile OS? We can be the most helpful community out there, but you need to give us something to go on. Ask away.

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Well since nobody's bothered to help this person and just offer up an opinion, let me be the one who asks the obvious question. Why are you in the market for a new phone? Is your current Android not satisfactory? Are you just curious about Windows as a mobile OS? We can be the most helpful community out there, but you need to give us something to go on. Ask away.

LOL

I presume that in your dictionary help always imply saying something good about something.

Well, that's not the case, pal.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL

I presume that in your dictionary help always imply saying something good about something.

Well, that's not the case, pal.

No, help means giving assistance based on needs. When you go to the doctor you at least have to tell him what hurts. Learn some manners.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
"In a few months, I plan to purchase a new phone"
wait after the few months then check back again see if there is something encouraging you to switch

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I think we have to wait for 2 or 3 month for Release Nokia android phone (hopefully release it on february end or march 2017)
Then after changing from windows to android is OK.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I think they probably feel that way because of the love that a good amount of people have here for Nokia.
That love did not save Nokia in the first time nor it did save them the second time and it won't save them the third time Nokia is the only one who can save themselves if they plan and execute correctly

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
No, help means giving assistance based on needs. When you go to the doctor you at least have to tell him what hurts. Learn some manners.

Manners? Did I insult you? Sorry, but I don't think so.

I gave some examples, so I guess a real doctor would know what my feelings are.

Sorry if that doesn't mean, by your standards, a proper guidance to someone that asked for it.

I surely would take that very seriously, as that info truly represents WM situation right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss