Today's VLC update is crashing my entire OS

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just updated the VLC app on my L640XL from the store and tried to lauch it (twice now). It freezes and wont allow me do any other thing on my phone until I restart the device. Is anyone else facing same issue???

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Optimization still needed, it has one nice feature though and that is continuous video playback even when exiting the app.

Just send them feedback until they polish it up. VLC is in active development so they should fix things.

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the app installed, and also I updated today and it works fine... Before you uninstall it, restart your phone,and if the problem persists then reinstall it!! I hope this solution it helped you!

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the latest Fast Ring Insider Build on my x3 with few issues for weeks now, but I've had crashes and freezes and intermittent touchscreen unresponsiveness for the last day or so, causing numerous soft resets. I also updated VLC (though I don't even use it). I wonder if this could be the source of the problem?

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I just updated the VLC app on my L640XL from the store and tried to lauch it (twice now). It freezes and wont allow me do any other thing on my phone until I restart the device. Is anyone else facing same issue???

Best advice for now, don't open VLC. Send a message to the developer and state to him/her what the issue is.

Also, as others have said, uninstall VLC and then reinstall. That might work,

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been running the latest Fast Ring Insider Build on my x3 with few issues for weeks now, but I've had crashes and freezes and intermittent touchscreen unresponsiveness for the last day or so, causing numerous soft resets. I also updated VLC (though I don't even use it). I wonder if this could be the source of the problem?

I can bet that itis the issue... but mine I have to launch the app before my phone becomes unreponsive

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Is my L640XL considered a Low End Phone??

Sadly yes when compared to 950XL, Elite x3, Idol 4s. These guys run Snapdragon 810/820 with 3 to 4 GB of RAM. My 640 runs a low end Snapdragon 400 with only 1 GB RAM. Other specs are low end too, like 720p vs 2k display, 8 GB memory vs 32 GB memory, mono speaker vs stereo speaker etc. But, our 640 has great battery life and we like it very much ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel