Battery issues on Lumia 730!

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!!
Since I have upgraded my Lumia 730 to Windows 10 Mobile, I have been experiencing terrible battery life and extremely slow charging rate. I have only used the original battery and the charger on this phone.
It takes about 5 hours to charge from ~20% to a 100% and also discharges to about 70% within one and a half hour use. The total battery time in use is about 4-5 hours which IMO is terrible for a 2200 MaH battery.

I am currently running latest production build 14393.448. I have also tried downgrading to WP 8.1 and it charges within 2 hours completely then. So is it still an issue with W10M? Also tried everything from hard resets to being on older W10M versions, disabling background apps etc.

Is anyone else with a Lumia 730 experiencing this? Should I get a new battery? Thanks in advance!

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Full charge takes about 3.5 h on my 730. Not very fast. Battery on W10M is very good. If small use (wifi, 3G, email) I charge every 2-3 days. Heavy permanent use 6 hours.

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Full charge takes about 3.5 h on my 730. Not very fast. Battery on W10M is very good. If small use (wifi, 3G, email) I charge every 2-3 days. Heavy permanent use 6 hours.

So do you think changing the battery would fix this issue? Or should I try another reset?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So do you think changing the battery would fix this issue? Or should I try another reset?

Could be the reason. These batteries deteriorate after about 2 years.

But first I'd check if there is any app running amok. If the display is off and phone has a decent 2G/3G signal, it should use very little battery.

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Could be the reason. These batteries deteriorate after about 2 years.

But first I'd check if there is any app running amok. If the display is off and phone has a decent 2G/3G signal, it should use very little battery.

It does use little battery when idle. But as soon as I start using the phone, it rapidly starts draining. And all I ever do is either watch Youtube, chat on WhatsApp, and browse Instagram. And not at the same time. 1 hour of such usage brings the battery from a 100% to about 70% ( on wifi network).

Does yours do the same? Thanks in advance....

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It does use little battery when idle. But as soon as I start using the phone, it rapidly starts draining. And all I ever do is either watch Youtube, chat on WhatsApp, and browse Instagram. And not at the same time. 1 hour of such usage brings the battery from a 100% to about 70% ( on wifi network).

Does yours do the same? Thanks in advance....

Movies/youtube use a lot of battery. Also if you have the display brightness set high.

Chatting and such should not use much. With black background on your apps, you save battery due to the AMOLED display. White background is much worse.

Whatsapp may have some battery issues. Get the latest version and try to disable it and see if it makes any difference.

Try once every 3 months or so to run the battery from 100% to empty. That will retrain the battery meter. Normally if possible, put the phone to the charger at around 50% and charge to full. But if you use the phone a lot during day time, that might not always be possible.

You can get cheap chinese batteries from ebay. But they are not as good as the original. If your battery is more than 2 years old, you might give it a try.

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Movies/youtube use a lot of battery. Also if you have the display brightness set high.

Chatting and such should not use much. With black background on your apps, you save battery due to the AMOLED display. White background is much worse.

Whatsapp may have some battery issues. Get the latest version and try to disable it and see if it makes any difference.

Try once every 3 months or so to run the battery from 100% to empty. That will retrain the battery meter. Normally if possible, put the phone to the charger at around 50% and charge to full. But if you use the phone a lot during day time, that might not always be possible.

You can get cheap chinese batteries from ebay. But they are not as good as the original. If your battery is more than 2 years old, you might give it a try.

Thanks for the help! I tried all the solutions that you suggested, none of them seem to have worked out. So just gonna go ahead and buy a new battery. Thanks again!! ☺

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, other than the charge time, your battery is quite good.
I mean one and half hour of continuous use, still 30% down, that's good.
Originally posted by abhinavsaprey
Hey guys!!
Since I have upgraded my Lumia 730 to Windows 10 Mobile, I have been experiencing terrible battery life and extremely slow charging rate. I have only used the original battery and the charger on this phone.
It takes about 5 hours to charge from ~20% to a 100% and also discharges to about 70% within one and a half hour use. The total battery time in use is about 4-5 hours which IMO is terrible for a 2200 MaH battery.

I am currently running latest production build 14393.448. I have also tried downgrading to WP 8.1 and it charges within 2 hours completely then. So is it still an issue with W10M? Also tried everything from hard resets to being on older W10M versions, disabling background apps etc.

Is anyone else with a Lumia 730 experiencing this? Should I get a new battery? Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz