Anti-theft apps for W10 Mobile

WolfangAukang

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm planning to switch from Android to W10 mobile, specifically a Lumia 1020, mostly because the Android phones with 4.5 inches are few and not updated with Google Security patches, and I don't see any hope of a Pixel/Nexus phone smaller or equal than that size. So a friend wants to exchange that device with mine (with the fact Whatsapp is still supported, I'm totally OK).

The question is: Is there any anti-theft apps? I understand you should be careful walking with your phone (I do), but you never know if anything happens.

Finally, if som

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm planning to switch from Android to W10 mobile, specifically a Lumia 1020, mostly because the Android phones with 4.5 inches are few and not updated with Google Security patches, and I don't see any hope of a Pixel/Nexus phone smaller or equal than that size. So a friend wants to exchange that device with mine (with the fact Whatsapp is still supported, I'm totally OK).

The question is: Is there any anti-theft apps? I understand you should be careful walking with your phone (I do), but you never know if anything happens.

Finally, if som

Welcome to Windows Central!
I don't think there are any such apps but reset protection/Find my phone is enabled on Windows Phones with Lumia Denim and up. When that is enabled, it can help you find your phone, reset your phone, and disable a random person from resetting your phone without the recovery key.

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't recommend the Lumia 1020 on Windows 10 Mobile. Aside from it not being officially supported for the update by Microsoft, I do not recommend trying to do the "hack" as someone new to the platform. However, I would recommend locating a Lumia 735/730 (not sure where you are in the world, but the 735 has LTE support, the 730 does not and it is dual SIM), which is 4.7 inches and is officially supported for Windows 10 Mobile.

(Not exactly related to W10M, but the Sony Xperia X Compact does get updated somewhat and it is new and also 4.7 inches.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans