01-06-2017 06:13 PM
66 123
tools
    Every morning my phone says it needs to restart for an update, and I restart it. And then it says the update failed. Every day now, over and over, like groundhog day.
    PauloP likes this.
    12-16-2016 01:10 PM
    Some Cortana voice commands stopped working with this update. As of now, send a text voice command, make a phone call voice command, and send an email voice command don't work. It just pulls internet searches for the results.
    I'm experiencing the same. In addition Cortana responds less frequently than ever to my voice ("Hey Cortana"). It seems to work somewhat better whenever the Cortana app has been started manually.
    12-16-2016 01:25 PM
    Noticing Hey Cortana no longer works even tho I have it enabled and noticing big battery drain on my Idol 4s. Didn't have these issues on .448. When I take it off the charger at 100% in 10 mins it drops down to 90% with little to nothing done to it
    12-17-2016 07:36 AM
    This update has been good for some and bad for some. For me, I have no problems yet. It is perfect. For many others, the network connection broke.
    12-17-2016 10:54 AM
    This update has been good for some and bad for some. For me, I have no problems yet. It is perfect. For many others, the network connection broke.
    I was forced to do a hard reset battery was awful

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows
    12-17-2016 05:56 PM
    Anybody Else have the Outlook tiles not working?
    12-18-2016 12:29 AM
    haven't had battery issue. sorry you had to face it. :( btw, which app is it that you checked your battery with? or is it idol 4s's own thing?
    12-18-2016 05:18 AM
    I had that issue.
    but I think it was for a day. it is solved now.
    try unpinning them and pinning again, might work. :)
    12-18-2016 05:20 AM
    This update has really frustrated me. Since it was forced on my phone a few days ago I've spent like 3 hours trying to get my phone back.

It installed fine and no issues with the update itself. At first. But it started in the store right after the update was I installed. The store showed many updates to apps so I did them two left kept error out. Display and Nokia Account would not install. Tried fixes.

So I just decided to try soft reset on phone last night to hopefully fix those last two app errors in the store. But now I am in a constant password dialog loop in the store and Feedback Hub! Password takes then store looks like it loads then almost instantly goes right back to password dialog and I get a text message.

I've tried resetting password, two-factor etc but I can't sign in. The text looks like it has a 7 digit code but no where to enter it to confirm. In final straw I wanted to try a hard reset but that isn't working either because I can't sign in with my account there either!

Waiting for support to call me back. That was two hours ago when it said 10 minutes. Phone support is handled by some b2x place?

Grr

--UPDATE - I was able to fix my phone with a hard reset using the power on phone then volume button combo. Got rid of all the bugs I was experiencing above and my phone is running real good again on the this latest update. Not happy I was forced to hard reset my phone but ohh well, it was last resort and at least I know it is clean now.
    Last edited by JorEl; 12-18-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    12-18-2016 04:14 PM
    Good that you got it solved.

A hard reset should only be necessary in rare cases, e.g. when you sell the phone. Not as a measure to fix their bugs. Which often is only a temporary measure, the bugs come back.

And hard resets with installing from a backup should be a smooth process, like 30 minutes. In reality it takes hours and hours of fiddling until everything is back as before. Compare that with iOS: I recently installed a new iPad from a backup. Took around 30 minutes, and everything was exactly as on the old one. Including apps, photos, passwords, layouts.
    libra89 and Player Piano like this.
    12-18-2016 08:29 PM
    Every morning my phone says it needs to restart for an update, and I restart it. And then it says the update failed. Every day now, over and over, like groundhog day.
    I tried doing a hard reset and redoing the update multiple times, and it still fails. I'm not sure it's actually hard resetting, though (I'm doing it from the system menu).

When I try to hard reset using hardware buttons instead, when I hold the Volume down button and wait for an exclamation mark, it never shows up and keeps vibrating and restarting every 10 seconds or so forever.
    12-20-2016 11:17 AM
    I tried doing a hard reset and redoing the update multiple times, and it still fails. I'm not sure it's actually hard resetting, though (I'm doing it from the system menu).

When I try to hard reset using hardware buttons instead, when I hold the Volume down button and wait for an exclamation mark, it never shows up and keeps vibrating and restarting every 10 seconds or so forever.

I would really suggest you use Lumia recovery tool. Works like a charm.
    12-20-2016 07:25 PM
    I would really suggest you use Lumia recovery tool. Works like a charm.
    Yeah, that's what I ended up having to do. My phone was working fine except for this.

The device recovery tool failed the first time, then downloaded some special emergency flash thing, and then it worked. But it took it back to Windows 8.1, then I had to upgrade all over again to Windows 10.

Even though I backed up before hand, the restore was incomplete and it took a long time to get things back to how they were. A huge amount of wasted time.
    12-23-2016 09:20 AM
    Try to remove and add outlook mail accout again. Sometimes it helps.
    01-03-2017 03:03 PM
    This is one of the worst updates released. What annoys me the most is the way how the keybord freeze and lags
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-04-2017 02:47 PM
    This is one of the worst updates released. What annoys me the most is the way how the keybord freeze and lags
    And the Camera app sux. So undependable, error messages and crashes. Pitiful. Dona should be reassigned and they need to bring in a competent project manager

Sent from mTalk
    creanyo likes this.
    01-06-2017 06:13 PM
66 123