Windows 10 update on pc/Mobile with 14393.576( RS1 , Non-Insiders )

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
After facing some problems (after the latest updates, both OS an apps) I tried Soft Reset. After the next boot there was this normal "there might be an error with SD-card...blah...blah, would you like to run the error check..?".

I answered "Yes", as normally in this situation, but now after "loggin in" I cannot see the moving dots on the upper part of the screen and seems that the error checking is not working at all in the background? I already tried two times. Whatta f...?

edit: The SD-card error check actually eventually finished with the second trial. But there were no moving dots visible.

Constant struggling with Windows 10 (Mobile) Updates seems to be a never ending story...

Soft reset is equivalent to "crashing the computer and restart". SD cards need a check after that. So you better unmount the SD card (Settings->Storage) before you soft reset. Otherwise it takes up to 30 minutes until the SD card can be used again.

Forget about the dots. It works in background and will eventually finish. Have patience, its Windows.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
We all suffer from this. Even on Redstone 2, fast ring. Seems to be an incredibly difficult engineering problem. Good to know that Microsoft didn't design the software for the moon landing 1969.

Wasn't the landing done manually?

pma7779

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Some Cortana voice commands stopped working with this update. As of now, send a text voice command, make a phone call voice command, and send an email voice command don't work. It just pulls internet searches for the results.

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
This update deleted my internet APN setting upon connecting to wifi when using data roam. Took me a day to figure this out. Had to rekey in the operator's APN manually in order for data roam to work again.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't get the mtalk app to open after thi update. A bunch of reinstalls and soft resets it still doesn't open

73blazer

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My auto-rotate stopped working all together after the update. I toggled the rotation lock a few times, soft reset, then a hard reset, nothing helps it. I can see int he AIDA64 app that all the inclinometer, gyroscpe and orientation sensors are working.
Really makes it difficult to use the phone. :cry:

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Having multiple issues with this build on a L950D. Constantly loosing network connection on both sims and also mobile data just stops.
Battery is as bad as ever and now the phone shuts itself down due to overheating (get a message after restart).
Frost free for sat by yr.no has stopped working.
There are more issue, just can't remember at the moment.

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Every morning my phone says it needs to restart for an update, and I restart it. And then it says the update failed. Every day now, over and over, like groundhog day.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Some Cortana voice commands stopped working with this update. As of now, send a text voice command, make a phone call voice command, and send an email voice command don't work. It just pulls internet searches for the results.

I'm experiencing the same. In addition Cortana responds less frequently than ever to my voice ("Hey Cortana"). It seems to work somewhat better whenever the Cortana app has been started manually.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Noticing Hey Cortana no longer works even tho I have it enabled and noticing big battery drain on my Idol 4s. Didn't have these issues on .448. When I take it off the charger at 100% in 10 mins it drops down to 90% with little to nothing done to it

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This update has been good for some and bad for some. For me, I have no problems yet. It is perfect. For many others, the network connection broke.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
This update has been good for some and bad for some. For me, I have no problems yet. It is perfect. For many others, the network connection broke.
I was forced to do a hard reset battery was awful

XSt2lk9.jpg

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
haven't had battery issue. sorry you had to face it. :( btw, which app is it that you checked your battery with? or is it idol 4s's own thing?

JorEl

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
This update has really frustrated me. Since it was forced on my phone a few days ago I've spent like 3 hours trying to get my phone back.

It installed fine and no issues with the update itself. At first. But it started in the store right after the update was I installed. The store showed many updates to apps so I did them two left kept error out. Display and Nokia Account would not install. Tried fixes.

So I just decided to try soft reset on phone last night to hopefully fix those last two app errors in the store. But now I am in a constant password dialog loop in the store and Feedback Hub! Password takes then store looks like it loads then almost instantly goes right back to password dialog and I get a text message.

I've tried resetting password, two-factor etc but I can't sign in. The text looks like it has a 7 digit code but no where to enter it to confirm. In final straw I wanted to try a hard reset but that isn't working either because I can't sign in with my account there either!

Waiting for support to call me back. That was two hours ago when it said 10 minutes. Phone support is handled by some b2x place?

Grr

--UPDATE - I was able to fix my phone with a hard reset using the power on phone then volume button combo. Got rid of all the bugs I was experiencing above and my phone is running real good again on the this latest update. Not happy I was forced to hard reset my phone but ohh well, it was last resort and at least I know it is clean now.

Last edited:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Good that you got it solved.

A hard reset should only be necessary in rare cases, e.g. when you sell the phone. Not as a measure to fix their bugs. Which often is only a temporary measure, the bugs come back.

And hard resets with installing from a backup should be a smooth process, like 30 minutes. In reality it takes hours and hours of fiddling until everything is back as before. Compare that with iOS: I recently installed a new iPad from a backup. Took around 30 minutes, and everything was exactly as on the old one. Including apps, photos, passwords, layouts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99