Restore stops after WD recovery

Martemp

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 532 stalled at update today. I used WD recovery tool an in restoring usage data it remains stuck at 25%, with the choice to retry or give up and take the loss of backup information. The last few hours I chose to proceed hoping the problems could be resolved, like announced.
How long should I wait for a solution? Or do I have to take my loss?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have been there a lot of times. waiting is no use I assume. but wait for an hour or two. it probably wont budge. but the thing is it doesn't get stuck, it has a lot of things running in the background. when you give up and agree to take the loss, you will be surprised to find out all the accounts, settings, wallpapers recovered already, in spite of failure. you might even find a lot of your apps installed already. the remaining apps will pile up in the store. long thing short, all the basic backup you need is already installed within 25%. remaining 75% is for the apps. the apps get downloaded. so, it is okay, go ahead with it within an hour or two.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Let it sit as it is, it will eventually finish only make sure that your internet source ( wifi/data) stays cennected and the device has adequate battery to finish it.

Last edited:

Martemp

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. In the mean time I found out the same. However it took a few hours to restore sufficiently. Not nice to relive the whole process at every major update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3