Error code 0x801901f4 started TODAY cant login to MS acct. Please help

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 950XL since day 1. Everything was fine until today. Yesterday, was updated to build 14393.576, non insider.
Today Outlook was automatically updated and all of a sudden earlier tonight I cannot login to my outlook email using my MS account. None of my MS services work on my phone anymore Groove, Videos, etc....keep getting this same damn error....0x801901f4

I can login on my surface with no problems....

How do hell do I fix this? Anyone?

woodytulsa

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue also on my 950, anytime I try to log in to my account it says anything went wrong and throws the same error code. Can't reset phone because it requires you to sign in. I want to avoid using the windows device recovery tool of I can.

Sean Burcham

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I've had the 950XL since day 1. Everything was fine until today. Yesterday, was updated to build 14393.576, non insider.
Today Outlook was automatically updated and all of a sudden earlier tonight I cannot login to my outlook email using my MS account. None of my MS services work on my phone anymore Groove, Videos, etc....keep getting this same damn error....0x801901f4

I can login on my surface with no problems....

How do hell do I fix this? Anyone?

I'm having the same problem on the same build..... I hope there is a fix soon. I need my mail!

Sean Burcham

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I was digging through some of the forums and found a solutions that worked for me. I hope this works for you guys.

First remove the account with the problem.
Open outlook settings on phone (the little gear symbol bottom left)
click Accounts
click Add Advanced set-up
click Exchange ActiveSync

follow this:
Server address: s.outlook.com
Domain: <leave empty>
Username: Your email address
Password: Your password
TLS/SSL encryption required: Check

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I was digging through some of the forums and found a solutions that worked for me. I hope this works for you guys.

click Accounts

follow this:

Thank you for this. It worked like a charm.

However, I think there should be an addition to note that you have to put your email address twice in username and email address in order to sign in.

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. This worked for my Outlook Account. But I still cant login to my MS Account on the phone, so no MS services like Groove or Cortana....MY outlook acct is the same as my MS account. Outlook now works....Should I also remove the MS account and then add it again?

woodytulsa

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get mine working, the trick above didn't work for me but I was able to turn of reset protection online, then after deleting the outlook account it registered on my phone and was able to reset without the device recovery tool. After the reset it pulled up my latest backup and all is good now.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I was able to get mine working, the trick above didn't work for me but I was able to turn of reset protection online, then after deleting the outlook account it registered on my phone and was able to reset without the device recovery tool. After the reset it pulled up my latest backup and all is good now.

tried this. Mine still won't even reset. Tried to get help from Microsoft and it was the worse experience. Apparently phone support is handled through a third party. That third party couldn't even send me a new phone cause that's done through another third party. this is the second time I've been forced to reset my phone in the last 2 weeks for account syncing problems. As soon I get a new phone I'm selling it for an iPhone. I'm done with ish.

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I reset the whole thing and it is now working fine. But I'm now having an issue loging in to another outlook account (Live.com) I had before....oh well...you win some and you loose some...that is the history of WM 10....

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What we need is a Microsoft Account Doctor, someone who can peer into your Microsoft Account settings and history and see where the corruption lies and then excise it. What we get is a whole lot of runaround and avoidance and advise to hard reset, hard reset, hard reset, delete your account, as if these things were no bother at all.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
What we need is a Microsoft Account Doctor, someone who can peer into your Microsoft Account settings and history and see where the corruption lies and then excise it. What we get is a whole lot of runaround and avoidance and advise to hard reset, hard reset, hard reset, delete your account, as if these things were no bother at all.
I've come to the conclusion that Windows 10 is trash and Microsoft could care less. They've even moved support to a third party. Try getting a new phone. It's terrible.

James Clarkson

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
click Accounts

follow this:
However, I think there should be an addition to note that you have to put your email address twice in username and email address in order to sign in.

My secondary account has two step verification enabled, so after I did this it kept complaining about wrong account credentials. I had to also log in on desktop and create an app password for my phone and use that as the password for the account for it to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes