01-30-2017 01:34 AM
58 123
tools
    That's is interesting. Quite possibly to pulled the app.
    I could make a video call during one minute, worked reasonably well. Then someone called me the app crashed, after reopening the call options were gone.

Sent from mTalk
    12-20-2016 07:16 PM
    They pushed back the update again, so I now just got the update, It's much cleaner! Although loading time is still long
    12-20-2016 11:13 PM
    I also have the update, it's nice to see that Facebook is keeping their apps updated feature wise, but they really need to work on launching speed.

An observation that I have made for the OS Meta apps, Facebook/Messenger/Instagram is that when they get updated you'd have to launch the app twice to "complete the install". What I mean is that right after an update, the first launch will always surely crash but the second launch is a lot more stable.

I really hope the Facebook team can get their work together, it's baffling how the Instagram app works so well but Facebook needs so much work in optimization.

The Instragram team should coach the Facebook team for optimization and stability.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-21-2016 08:18 AM
    Originally posted by greedo_greedy
    I also have the update, it's nice to see that Facebook is keeping their apps updated feature wise, but they really need to work on launching speed.

An observation that I have made for the OS Meta apps, Facebook/Messenger/Instagram is that when they get updated you'd have to launch the app twice to "complete the install". What I mean is that right after an update, the first launch will always surely crash but the second launch is a lot more stable.

I really hope the Facebook team can get their work together, it's baffling how the Instagram app works so well but Facebook needs so much work in optimization.

The Instragram team should coach the Facebook team for optimization and stability.
    I agree with you.. Instagram is very fluid now. But Messenger and Facebook still struggles like hell.. Facebook is the worst one because it crashes everytime as in everytime i use it and it's getting kinda annoying..
    12-21-2016 08:23 AM
    Agreed
    12-21-2016 08:23 AM
    At least Messenger isn't a chronic crasher like Facebook.

There are rare moments when Facebook works but after awhile of heavy browsing it crashes.
    12-21-2016 08:35 AM
    That's true
    12-21-2016 08:36 AM
    Well, Facebook didn't crashed for me at least yet, it's going ok...the messenger too is ok I think...checked the updates just now and there is an update for messenger and other stuff too....🙂
    The only problem I have is the Instagram,when I'm uploading photo from the stories it crashes! (every time)
    12-21-2016 08:37 AM
    Facebook sucks on Windows 10 Mobile. It's a pitifully shame how Facebook is ignoring Windows 10 Mobile users. F Facebook! :)
    12-21-2016 08:39 AM
    This is true.. messenger works really fine now except when you click the gallery button it crashes and sometimes making my phone reboot.. Facebook is the real problem here.. I only browse like 45 seconds and then it crashes.. wtf!!
    12-21-2016 09:44 AM
    Well, Facebook didn't crashed for me at least yet, it's going ok...the messenger too is ok I think...checked the updates just now and there is an update for messenger and other stuff too....
    The only problem I have is the Instagram,when I'm uploading photo from the stories it crashes! (every time)
    Uploading stories on instagram doesn't crash on mine.. using a Lumia 550 tho.. did you get the update that i posted here? is it the same version??
    12-21-2016 09:46 AM
    Just got this update today - much better.

But...when will Messenger and Facebook tie in to the Windows 10 Mobile OS features such as the lock screen? Seems as if we've sacrificed features of the OS for functionality of the app.

No crashes here on my Lumia 950 for either FB or Messenger. I did have crashes on my 650 which is similar to your 550. I assume lack of RAM is the key issue here.
    angel1998 likes this.
    12-21-2016 10:35 AM
    Just got this update today - much better.

But...when will Messenger and Facebook tie in to the Windows 10 Mobile OS features such as the lock screen? Seems as if we've sacrificed features of the OS for functionality of the app.

No crashes here on my Lumia 950 for either FB or Messenger. I did have crashes on my 650 which is similar to your 550. I assume lack of RAM is the key issue here.
    It only crashes when selecting a photo in the gallery or saving a photo in a conversation tho in my 550.. everything was butter smooth except those..
    angel1998 likes this.
    12-21-2016 10:45 AM
    Also, something else, when I opened messenger after they had got updated, I was able to make a call or video call, the icons were visible...I called my friend and I couldn't hear him! I closed the app and then I reopened, the call and video call buttons they had been disappeared...
    12-21-2016 03:37 PM
    Yeah me to, but there's a bug in the store that allows it to be there for a short time. Once you restart the app it leaves. It's ridiculous how this isn't in the app already. Smh! I dislike Facebook.
    angel1998 likes this.
    12-21-2016 04:28 PM
    Originally posted by angel1998
    Also, something else, when I opened messenger after they had got updated, I was able to make a call or video call, the icons were visible...I called my friend and I couldn't hear him! I closed the app and then I reopened, the call and video call buttons they had been disappeared...
    Same thing happened to me.. So strange tho
    angel1998 likes this.
    12-21-2016 08:27 PM
    It only crashes when selecting a photo in the gallery or saving a photo in a conversation tho in my 550.. everything was butter smooth except those..
    Doesn't crash for me I'm afraid. Only crashes when trying to edit the photo and insert a sticker.
    angel1998 likes this.
    12-22-2016 05:23 AM
    I have Facebook Messenger installed but there is no phone icon on my 650.

My wife has a 640 and the phone icon shows up and she is able to make calls.

There seems to be no option for calls on my install, is there something else I need to do to enable this function.

In the first post on this thread on the home screen there is a phone icon and a plus sign, I just have the plus sign.
    01-06-2017 11:42 AM
    Messenger beta is most stable,and not crashes when select photo in gallery
    01-06-2017 02:37 PM
    What happens with photos that are taken with Facebook Messenger? Are they automatically uploaded to Facebook and/or sent to other people? Or just saved on the device?

Also, does the Facebook Messenger app need to be updated? Or will older versions of the app continue to work?
    01-06-2017 03:56 PM
    Originally posted by boky69
    Messenger beta is most stable,and not crashes when select photo in gallery
    The official one is more stable now. The beta version still has camera flicker problems but it's already fixed in the official app.
    01-07-2017 04:31 AM
    Is my phone number required to enable phone calls through Messenger?
    I did not give my phone number to Facebook (they have too much information already as it is)

I do not have the option to make phone calls through Messenger (Is it because I did not give my number?)
    01-07-2017 08:07 AM
    The official one is more stable now. The beta version still has camera flicker problems but it's already fixed in the official app.
    This not true. Official version crash when use camera,or try select photos in gallery.
    Beta version still has camera flicker but works!
    Phone is lumia 950
    01-08-2017 04:08 AM
    I have Facebook Messenger installed but there is no phone icon on my 650.

My wife has a 640 and the phone icon shows up and she is able to make calls.

There seems to be no option for calls on my install, is there something else I need to do to enable this function.

In the first post on this thread on the home screen there is a phone icon and a plus sign, I just have the plus sign.
    The call option shows up only on the first start of the app. The second time you launch it disappears.

Sent from mTalk
    01-08-2017 04:18 AM
    Is my phone number required to enable phone calls through Messenger?
    I did not give my phone number to Facebook (they have too much information already as it is)

I do not have the option to make phone calls through Messenger (Is it because I did not give my number?)
    No, it's not because you didn't give your number. The function isn't available yet.

Sent from mTalk
    01-08-2017 04:20 AM
58 123