Facebook Messenger huge update on mobile

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't use the messenger, but the Facebook app simply quits every first time it is opened on my 650. Even if it opens, after a few minutes of scrolling, it crashes. I want to use the old MS FB app but I cant download it via my library anymore :\

d3rezz

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Just recived update. First start up of the app took like 15 sec. They seem to only add features which makes app even slower.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
That used to happen with me, and everyone else until a month ago. Now the app is perfect, with 0 crashes.
Don't use the messenger, but the Facebook app simply quits every first time it is opened on my 650. Even if it opens, after a few minutes of scrolling, it crashes. I want to use the old MS FB app but I cant download it via my library anymore :\

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I also have the update, it's nice to see that Facebook is keeping their apps updated feature wise, but they really need to work on launching speed.

An observation that I have made for the OS Meta apps, Facebook/Messenger/Instagram is that when they get updated you'd have to launch the app twice to "complete the install". What I mean is that right after an update, the first launch will always surely crash but the second launch is a lot more stable.

I really hope the Facebook team can get their work together, it's baffling how the Instagram app works so well but Facebook needs so much work in optimization.

The Instragram team should coach the Facebook team for optimization and stability.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by greedo_greedy
I also have the update, it's nice to see that Facebook is keeping their apps updated feature wise, but they really need to work on launching speed.

An observation that I have made for the OS Meta apps, Facebook/Messenger/Instagram is that when they get updated you'd have to launch the app twice to "complete the install". What I mean is that right after an update, the first launch will always surely crash but the second launch is a lot more stable.

I really hope the Facebook team can get their work together, it's baffling how the Instagram app works so well but Facebook needs so much work in optimization.

The Instragram team should coach the Facebook team for optimization and stability.

I agree with you.. Instagram is very fluid now. But Messenger and Facebook still struggles like hell.. Facebook is the worst one because it crashes everytime as in everytime i use it and it's getting kinda annoying..

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
At least Messenger isn't a chronic crasher like Facebook.

There are rare moments when Facebook works but after awhile of heavy browsing it crashes.

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Well, Facebook didn't crashed for me at least yet, it's going ok...the messenger too is ok I think...checked the updates just now and there is an update for messenger and other stuff too....🙂
The only problem I have is the Instagram,when I'm uploading photo from the stories it crashes! (every time)

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
This is true.. messenger works really fine now except when you click the gallery button it crashes and sometimes making my phone reboot.. Facebook is the real problem here.. I only browse like 45 seconds and then it crashes.. wtf!!

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, Facebook didn't crashed for me at least yet, it's going ok...the messenger too is ok I think...checked the updates just now and there is an update for messenger and other stuff too....��
The only problem I have is the Instagram,when I'm uploading photo from the stories it crashes! (every time)

Uploading stories on instagram doesn't crash on mine.. using a Lumia 550 tho.. did you get the update that i posted here? is it the same version??

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got this update today - much better.

But...when will Messenger and Facebook tie in to the Windows 10 Mobile OS features such as the lock screen? Seems as if we've sacrificed features of the OS for functionality of the app.

No crashes here on my Lumia 950 for either FB or Messenger. I did have crashes on my 650 which is similar to your 550. I assume lack of RAM is the key issue here.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Just got this update today - much better.

But...when will Messenger and Facebook tie in to the Windows 10 Mobile OS features such as the lock screen? Seems as if we've sacrificed features of the OS for functionality of the app.

No crashes here on my Lumia 950 for either FB or Messenger. I did have crashes on my 650 which is similar to your 550. I assume lack of RAM is the key issue here.

It only crashes when selecting a photo in the gallery or saving a photo in a conversation tho in my 550.. everything was butter smooth except those..

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Also, something else, when I opened messenger after they had got updated, I was able to make a call or video call, the icons were visible...I called my friend and I couldn't hear him! I closed the app and then I reopened, the call and video call buttons they had been disappeared...

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah me to, but there's a bug in the store that allows it to be there for a short time. Once you restart the app it leaves. It's ridiculous how this isn't in the app already. Smh! I dislike Facebook.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss