New HP Smartphone for 2017

Chazzy J

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
So I'm sure most of you have heard that HP is supposed to release a "consumer smartphone" w/ W10M in early 2017. I think original reports in mid Nov had this coming out as an Elite X3 with consumer features. I've now seen reports that it's only going to be a mid-range phone.

So does this mean the 950XL will continue to the top-line consumer phone? I love my 950XL, doesn't give me many issue, if any -- but I was kind of looking forward to a sleek looking HP powerhouse. Slightly disappointing if the new rumors are true. I'll definitely be sticking with my 950XL.

Thoughts?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The 950XL is discontinued, as are all Lumias. So while the statement is technically true for its owners,*it isn't a true statement for others looking for a top-line*consumer Windows mobile device.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, I heard it will be released with a 6-series SD SoC, which still support Continuum feature. So I guess it's not all that bad. Just look at NuAns Neo. That phone rocks a SD617 chip, and can run Continuum just nicely, though not as good in terms of performance as the Elite X3 or Idol 4S, where both of these newer phones rocks the latest SD820 chip.

So, yeah. If they price the phone correctly, then I'd say the phone would definitely be a very good mid-range phone, and might gain more faithfuls for the platform. #longliveW10M

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans