Alcatel Fierce XL 5055W MMS not working

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Alcatel Fierce XL 5055W

I have a new phone, and curious if anyone has any ideas on how to help me. I am trying to get my mms to work, have used a couple different setups, its an unlocked phone but I can not get mms to work at all. Does IMS registration have to be enabled for mms to work properly?

makowb

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Alcatel Fierce XL 5055W

Windows 10 does not support SIM hot swapping, specifically for MMS. After you insert your SIM, you need to restart to have MMS work. If you are on a non-TMO carrier, then you need to manually input the APNs for MMS in settings.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

Done all that. I have manually entered the apns as they gave me and neither of the two work. I have restarted the phone many times, put the sim back in my S7 Edge and works awesome. I have the same settings as it has in the XL and nothing. The carrier did a packet capture as I tried to send an mms and was told it was sending garbage out, even with the correct apn's enabled. Thoughts?

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

IMS Status: unregistered, does this have to be registered for mms to work properly? I have been told yes and no.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I know it sounds a bit obvious but have you tried a soft reset. Power down, press the volume down and power button together for at least 15 seconds or until you feel the second vibration and let go. See if that helped.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

no change. This is really frustrating as I like the phone alot but rely on mms as we have techs in the field and its the quickest way to inventory serial numbers, machines etc.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

GCI. Its an Alaskan carrier

Any idea which network GCI uses for mobile?
T-Mobile, AT&T MVNO's I'm guessing...

Are these your APN settings:

MMS Settings – Consult your phone manual for steps to enter the MMS settings, not all the information below may be required for your phone.
  • Configuration Name: GCI MMS
  • APN: mms.gci
  • Proxy: 24.237.158.34
  • Port: 9201
  • MMS Setting URL: http://mmsc.gci.net
  • MMS Proxy: 24.237.158.34
  • MMS Port: 9201
  • APN Type: mms
  • Security PIN (if requested): 1234
WAP Settings – Consult you phone manual for steps to enter the WAP settings

• Configuration Name: GCI WAP
  • WAP Access Point Name: wap.gci
  • Home Page URL: http://provantage.gci.csky.us
  • WAP Gateway Address: 209.4.229.92
  • Gateway Port: 9201
  • Security PIN (if requested): 1234

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to figure that out. The phone does call/text/web data just fine with my GCI sim. Is there a way to definitively tell whether or not its locked or unlocked? Im beginning to think I got screwed when I bought this phone.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Says:

This device has an outstanding balance that must be paid or it may not be able to be used on T-Mobile network.
For more information or assistance, please call Customer Care at 1-877-453-1304.

My Co-Worker is a T-Mobile customer and has tried to help me, but thus far since the above comes back from T-Mobile the call effectively ends there.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I did and they say that the phone had a clean imei and it was unlocked otherwise my calls/text/web data wouldnt work. I should have just bought another Lumia of some sort. Which is why I turned here to see if anyone had any enlightening thoughts, or insight that which might help me.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Well come to find out Alcatel says to contact the original carrier and T-Mobile is flipping me the bird as I am not the original owner. That being said my coworker is telling me play with a Nokia 830 and thus far I love it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes