::RANT:: When your phone freezes at the worst time

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Gah, 2nd time I'm my entire lifetime with Windows Phone (since Lumia 920) when my phone froze at the worst time; When I'm asleep and waiting for my alarm to wake me up. Most recently, I missed 3 hours of work. The last time, 3 hours of school. Am I the only one with WIN10M screwing me over?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I had some alarm issues before with 10 when I used it early this year, except it was either volume issues (almost impossible to hear regardless of setting) or me needing to hit Dismiss several times before it stopped.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its a good thing, after a while you become a paranoid and you will be the one waking your phone up, to tell it to forget about that alarm you no longer need, and then you will have some extra time, which is extra nice

another feature of the w10 master race

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
for all those alarm naysayers ...
try ReAlarm from the Store, it's what WM10 Alarms & Clock should be, lots of customization.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Been using W10M for a year now and have never had a problem with Alarms & Clocks. Always keep it running in the background perhaps.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Gah, 2nd time I'm my entire lifetime with Windows Phone (since Lumia 920) when my phone froze at the worst time; When I'm asleep and waiting for my alarm to wake me up. Most recently, I missed 3 hours of work. The last time, 3 hours of school. Am I the only one with WIN10M screwing me over?

I always leave my curtains open just incase i miss my alarm (phone) and hopefully the sun wakes me up haha. Ive had my phone freeze when I'm taking a picture. But not like a scenery photo. A photo when people are all saying 'cheese' and then you have to be like 'sorry guys, my phone froze, just hold on'. So bad haha.

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't an issue with the alarm app. It was the issue of the phone being stuck on the lock screen and just freezing there. No calls got through when my coworkers called. I work the graveyard shift so there is no sunlight to open the curtains. I'll admit I did sleep later than usual and was hoping my alarms worked as usual. I forgot to set my digital clock too *face palm* with so many backups available, none were set lol

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
On the last couple of Fast Ring builds, I have had an issue with the phone freezing upon waking from a screen-off condition. Either a notification or a call coming in. What's bad about it is that it will sometimes freeze mid-ring or vibrate and the phone will continue sounding the ring tone or vibration until you can reset it. Happens about once/twice a week.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't an issue with the alarm app. It was the issue of the phone being stuck on the lock screen and just freezing there. No calls got through when my coworkers called. I work the graveyard shift so there is no sunlight to open the curtains. I'll admit I did sleep later than usual and was hoping my alarms worked as usual. I forgot to set my digital clock too *face palm* with so many backups available, none were set lol

This is on stable build? I haven't had any alarm issues in a while *knock on wood* but I stay on stable. I learned my lesson with any preview/insider builds.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had phone shutdowns while taking pics, during calls and on apps. WRT it and started over with original software/firmware and went to release preview builds and now on slow ring on my 950.

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
And today 1 of 3 alarms went off. I have 1 to wake up, 1 to finish getting ready, and 1 to leave. I am on fast ring. I think I should revert to slow ring to be safe. Beware my fellow W10M friends

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss