Ported FB apps are crashing when trying to open in-app gallery

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok so this problem is kinda new to me and it only happened after Messenger and Instagram got updated.. Why is this happening? Is the new updated ported apps not compatible with the photos on our phone anymore?

Messenger:
Before - can still access photos via in-app photo picker
Now ( after update ) - app crashes immediately and can't even see my photos anymore because it crashes

Instagram:
Before - can still access photos via photo picker and can also see my photos there
Now ( after update ) - same with messenger the app crashes when it's still loading my photos and can't even see my photos now in the in-app photo picker because it crashes immediately

Is this also happening on you guyz??

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
If you didn't already tried it restart your phone, try a soft reset or try to reinstall the app. If your photos are stored on SD card check if card is Ok / try other SD card.

Sent from mTalk

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Krystianpants
Maybe you have a specific photo that is causing it to crash?
try moving some of your most recent ones out of the folder.

I don't know? But the in-app gallery works fine on the FB app it loads my photos perfectly.. But in the updated Instagram and Messenger the app crashes which is kinda odd.. I tried removing the memory card to see what happens hoping that it will load some of my photos from my phone memory but OMG to my surprise it didn't even detect my photos from my phone memory so it means it only relies to my SD card.. I tried another method i put in a brand new empty SD card with no photos and the app still crashes.. See? "No photos" but the app crashes.. What's happening? 😭

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786