Something Is Draining My Battery Fast

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting discharged of 29% at times and not sure what exactly is it draining all my battery so quickly. I took it off the charger roughly 45 mins ago and now I'm at 65%
Are there any tips to fix this drain? I'm on a idol 4s which I supposed to be all day battery life but I'm not seeing anything like that lately seems like the last build ruined my battery

f4tr2O5.jpg

Q90R2SQ.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What version of software are you on? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on my Lumia 950 after the latest update.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
i have a 950, but the last thing i remember that was really draining my batter was onedrive.

either way, go to settings > background apps and make sure you have anything turned off that you dont need running in the background.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
i have a 950, but the last thing i remember that was really draining my batter was onedrive.

either way, go to settings > background apps and make sure you have anything turned off that you dont need running in the background.
I pretty much already did that and I did hard reset but the battery drain seems to always come back it didn't drain like this on the previous build

I have onedrive turned off in the background and set to backup only on wifi. is there another setting im supposed to turn off to help battery life?

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is the build then... not sure. If the next build (which wont be until after the holidays) doesnt fix it then i would start to worry. But for now i would just blame the build since it seems you have done everything else you can.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting discharged of 29% at times and not sure what exactly is it draining all my battery so quickly. I took it off the charger roughly 45 mins ago and now I'm at 65%
Are there any tips to fix this drain? I'm on a idol 4s which I supposed to be all day battery life but I'm not seeing anything like that lately seems like the last build ruined my battery

http://i.imgur.com/f4tr2O5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q90R2SQ.jpg

Some of these apps may be running in the background and draining your battery. You can disable them by going to the settings: Systems>Battery>Battery usage by app>and hold press on the app and select it to "Never allowed in background".

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I recommend you do this for Microsoft Edge, it runs in the background the most and can drain a lot of battery
I actually disabledd it a couple days ago I went through every app except for twitter Instagram phone and messaging and disabled them all still noticing as bit of Drain

Disabling everything didn't have much of a effect. Makes the battery saver app feel useless

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
so far so good. But this build has a lot of issues with apps not opening, youtube not working..etc.. so I am definitely looking forward to the next build. Avoid this build if you can whenever it is offered to you.

arntmt

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting discharged of 29% at times and not sure what exactly is it draining all my battery so quickly...

Having had the same problem occasionally. Just since a few days permanently. The battery is drained from 100% to 40% over night (6hrs) with even data disabled. This must be a bug, a routine of some app not being stopped properly, thus keeping the processor working. W10W seems to be a beta version after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077