Music player for 640XL

Mikrobe

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I would like to add some music to my 640XL. Does anyone know of a way to do it that does not involve using any cloud solution.
I just want to be able to play my music on my phone even if I do not have internet access.
I am starting to despair of finding a solution.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I would like to add some music to my 640XL. Does anyone know of a way to do it that does not involve using any cloud solution.
I just want to be able to play my music on my phone even if I do not have internet access.
I am starting to despair of finding a solution.

Get a good microSD card to load all of your music to. In this case, your best bet would be buying one of those, and putting it into your computer (with the included adapter of course) so that you can load music on it. Eject it from the computer, turn off your phone, and then put it in your phone, and restart your phone.
From there, you should be able to open up Xbox Music or Groove Music (not sure if you are on 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile) and select it to play.

Mikrobe

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying.

It would seem that Groove Music only seems to retrieve music from the main memory, which in my case consists solely of some imported ringtones.

It does not offer the ability to source music from an sd card

Back to using my old N8 I guess

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying.

It would seem that Groove Music only seems to retrieve music from the main memory, which in my case consists solely of some imported ringtones.

No, but I have run into the issue on a couple of Windows 10 mobile phones where you needed to copy the music to the phone's SD card using the Windows Phone app on your computer. Sometimes it wouldn't see music on the SD card if it were copied using the regular Windows Explorer interface. I had the same issue with photo i copied to the SD card before I changed phones once. You may run into the issue where the SD card dismounts when the phone goes into powersaving mode thus losing your place in your playlist / podcast.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem just connecting my 640XL by usb cable to the computer and dropping music onto the sd card in the phone for playback through the Groove app. It is recognized immediately.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Buy an SD card and put your music files on it. Then you can try an awesome app: Loco Music Player from the Windows store, it finds all music, both on phone memory or SD card, you can even play music from folders, something that Groove and similar players lack.

greynightshirt

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I use "MusicPro/Music Pro" by Sistog Software on my Lumia 640. I copied 12 GB of music to a micro SD card and the app can see it without problem. (I'm on windows 10 Mobile)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm not sure what happened to your phone, but in both my old Lumia 830 and new Lumia 950, I store my music, all 786 of them, inside my SD card and in both phones, Groove managed to detect my music without any problems.

Hard reset, maybe?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Groove music app should be able to detect your music from the sd card. Maybe check the settings or filters.
I'm sending a screenshot of the filters from my 640XL.
x9xqRKh.jpg

See the "only on this device" option.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Loco Music Player from the Windows store, it finds all music, both on phone memory or SD card, you can even play music from folders, something that Groove and similar players lack.
Aha! This is exactly the feature I am looking for as the built in player gets confused by compilation albums with various artists (eg Soul Devotion). Thanks for that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte