MS Store: Lumia's out of stock

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that on the online MS store, all but one or two Lumia's are out of stock? With no option to add to cart and email when it comes in stock.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
MS is discontinuing the Lumia phones.
You won't be seeing any Lumia phones anymore.
Ain't that a Happy New Year from MS?

Soooooooooooon............

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
so can prices go down online or go up?
Depends on how many a seller has in stock, I would think. There might be contractual stipulations with MS and sellers to return on a certain date. I'm TOTALLY guessin' man.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the stock thing has me a tad worried... Have a defunct Lumia 650 that we sent back to Microsoft for an exchange and because of THEIR f-up progression has been grounded for some time, basically the screw-up seemingly has now become MY problem and we're not impressed.

Anyhow, now having this post sink in we've decided to order another today through Amazon.ca from a seller within Canada so that all our accessories don't go to waste ( FYI I'm a case junkie LOL)... Have zero faith in MS after my latest dealings.

I'll be interesting to see if my bad luck continues, another defective device or will we finally get lucky, after-all tis a new year?

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Why would prices for Lumias go up?
Hardly anybody wants a Lumia.....!
Economy working......Supply and demand working...
Prices will fall like they always did......I've seem Lumia 950 starting at almost 600€
Now they are around 250€....exactly because nobody wants a piece of plastic with an OS that MS killed.

Think of Lumias like cars.......a Ferrari Dino is a classic and is worth every penny.
Lumia is.........Trabant level. Nobody wants it and it won't be missed.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been shopping Microsoft phones and they are getting tough to find.

Finding that too, if found it's usually one place to purchase only. Initially paid $99 for the 650 through MS but Amazon.ca seller had it for $145, thought we'd better accept the lumps now before the option to get one vanished.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Why would prices for Lumias go up?

You'd be surprised, sellers don't necessarily look at the demand but also the supply. If there's limited quantities and they know it there's a tendency to go the scalper's route, whether any sell at inflated rates who knows but it doesn't stop many from doing so.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
You'd be surprised, sellers don't necessarily look at the demand but also the supply. If there's limited quantities and they know it there's a tendency to go the scalper's route, whether any sell at inflated rates who knows but it doesn't stop many from doing so.

I beg to differ....demand for Lumias was never this low as it is now
Sellers want to get rid of items they know are hard to sell. (or almost unsellable)
Windows 10 mobile presently has less than 1% Market share......how can anyone (including sellers) anticipate an increase in sales?
Come on.....that's just wishful thinking.....
As much as I hate Apple.....Lumia's are not IPhones........

chart-ww-smartphone-os-market-share.jpg

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Sellers want to get rid of items they know are hard to sell. (or almost unsellable)
Windows 10 mobile presently has less than 1% Market share......how can anyone (including sellers) anticipate an increase in sales?

http://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone...MAGES/chart-ww-smartphone-os-market-share.jpg
W10M freaks :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
As much as I hate Apple.....Lumia's are not IPhones........

http://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone...MAGES/chart-ww-smartphone-os-market-share.jpg

Going by my country, the limited resources to obtain, prices are far from being considered bargain basement for any WP. Like I said, whether they sell any who knows but obviously Windows Phone's market shares haven't been much of an influence in pricing from what I've seen, and we do check often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05