MS Store: Lumia's out of stock

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Android and Apple freaks are just like any other freak.....
I can't understand why is ITunes still alive.....its probably the worst piece of sh*t software I've ever seen to interact with any mobile phone.
Nokia PC Suite is jurassic and it's still an example of software connection between a phone and a computer

Back to MS:
MS really has to get their head straight.
The recent news on ARM processors being able to run W10 full version can be the change MS needs....but we have to see it to believe it.
Thing is......I thought it would be direct and not via emulation......and as I understood, (at least on a first stage) it will be via emulation...which is not exactly the same as clean and direct as it would be if not emulated.

Basically....lets just hope it's not another shot right through their own foot.....MS doesn't have that many more feet to shoot at....

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Android and Apple freaks are just like any other freak.....
I can't understand why is ITunes still alive.....its probably the worst piece of sh*t software I've ever seen to interact with any mobile phone.
Nokia PC Suite is jurassic and it's still an example of software connection between a phone and a computer

Back to MS:
MS really has to get their head straight.
The recent news on ARM processors being able to run W10 full version can be the change MS needs....but we have to see it to believe it.
Thing is......I thought it would be direct and not via emulation......and as I understood, (at least on a first stage) it will be via emulation...which is not exactly the same as clean and direct as it would be if not emulated.

Basically....lets just hope it's not another shot right through their own foot.....MS doesn't have that many more feet to shoot at....

I'd rather be with MS, who is looking forward and creating change, than more of the same with the other two. I have a 5x, and it's OK, but nothing exciting.
It's not easy to be patient I understand but it will pay off in the end. Hoping my 950 and 640 get me through.

Sent from mTalk

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'd rather be with MS, who is looking forward and creating change, than more of the same with the other two. I have a 5x, and it's OK, but nothing exciting.
It's not easy to be patient I understand but it will pay off in the end. Hoping my 950 and 640 get me through.

Sent from mTalk
He's one of us, man. He's drivin' a 640.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Understood. Just adding my 2 cents.
It's not about sides anyways. It's about understanding the path.

Sent from mTalk
I'm a Win10M Freak :winktongue: One path.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
so can prices go down online or go up?

since they aren't being made anymore, they could become collectibles and the prices may go up, just checked on ebay and there are no under 100$ lumia icons on ebay or as many 1520's as before, but maybe demand goes even lower than the almost dead supply and they keep selling for nothing or stop selling them completely

who knows, I was waiting for the 950 to fall since apparently my icon runs just as good so no real need to "upgrade" but the lowest it gets its about 250$, I wonder if it will fall lower or just go up now that they will probably become a rarity(more than it already is? :p)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
since they aren't being made anymore, they could become collectibles and the prices may go up, just checked on ebay and there are no under 100$ lumia icons on ebay or as many 1520's as before, but maybe demand goes even lower than the almost dead supply and they keep selling for nothing or stop selling them completely

who knows, I was waiting for the 950 to fall since apparently my icon runs just as good so no real need to "upgrade" but the lowest it gets its about 250$, I wonder if it will fall lower or just go up now that they will probably become a rarity(more than it already is? :p)
Hard to say.
I purchase most of my devices used on ebay. Don't see a reason to pay full price just to be first. I would think used devices will be available for a decent price for a while.

Sent from mTalk

stjeffy86

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yep Microsoft is trying to make room to make the Elite X3 the new flagship. I am really hoping to see some sort of growth for the Mobile Ecosystem. I keep waiting for a surge of UWP apps but so far it has been disappointing.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think the Alcatel IDOL 4S is the flagship for the common man.
Beautiful device that looks as though it's running on all 8 cylinders (from what I read)
Alcatel was very smart here I believe because they've offered this design on Android and BB also.

I'm guessing the Idol 4 production levels can be changed according to whichever branding does the best without taking it in the ###...
Marketing genius in my opinion.

I hope other phone designers take this approach in the future.

#AlcatelsaveMM

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I think the Alcatel IDOL 4S is the flagship for the common man.
Beautiful device that looks as though it's running on all 8 cylinders (from what I read)
Alcatel was very smart here I believe because they've offered this design on Android and BB also.

I'm guessing the Idol 4 production levels can be changed according to whichever branding does the best without taking it in the ###...
Marketing genius in my opinion.

I hope other phone designers take this approach in the future.

#AlcatelsaveMM

Hoping it goes unlocked soon.

Sent from mTalk

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Had the Alcatel idol 4 on a 14 day trial period and I will say it was the best windows phone I have used as far as everything working and the speed of opening apps and web pages.

One thing the alcatel did do though was randomly start up Cortana from time to time, but seemed to stop in the last week I had it.

I didn't miss glance screen because it has double tap to wake which worked flawlessly every time.

If the Alcatel idol 4 is a taste of what's coming for win 10 then I think many people will be very pleased with devices like the Alcatel.

Great design and very well balanced. Not heavy but not too light either.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hoping it goes unlocked soon.

I'm just hoping that MS will see the BIG picture one day and quit limiting the availability of certain handsets within some markets as they have done for a long time, minimal or no resource to obtain has been a stickler for many. Doing so just means those that had the inkling to buy a WP will end up picking a device that's already staring them in the face and guaranteed it won't be a Windows Phone.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm just hoping that MS will see the BIG picture one day and quit limiting the availability of certain handsets within some markets as they have done for a long time, minimal or no resource to obtain has been a stickler for many. Doing so just means those that had the inkling to buy a WP will end up picking a device that's already staring them in the face and guaranteed it won't be a Windows Phone.
Yup. I'm not sure what the thinking was behind it as we don't know all the details. At this point I would think getting their phones to be available to the largest amount of people would be the best strategy.

Sent from mTalk

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that on the online MS store, all but one or two Lumia's are out of stock? With no option to add to cart and email when it comes in stock.

as @BrunoMG said, this could TWO things. Either Microsoft is simply just out of stock at the moment and more are being produced OR they are stopping production on certain or all models. Its definitely a sad thing to see but maybe it means new and better things will come? :)

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
as @BrunoMG said, this could TWO things. Either Microsoft is simply just out of stock at the moment and more are being produced OR they are stopping production on certain or all models. Its definitely a sad thing to see but maybe it means new and better things will come? :)

From my perspective the negatives have continued to take precedence over the positives for the platform. IMO "new" and "better" for 2017 won't be synonymous w/WP but here's hoping we're wrong.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
From my perspective the negatives have continued to take precedence over the positives for the platform. IMO "new" and "better" for 2017 won't be synonymous w/WP but here's hoping we're wrong.
Soooooooon..........

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No windows phones available. What should I do?

Hi...
I took a trip to the market and all sales of Lumias have ceased (at least in my city.) I can't find a new one. Lumia 650 has been released for less than a year and it's already gone. Can't even find a second-handed one and I think I'm too late.
What should I do now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa